Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any real experts on here? I'm attempting to install a Pioneer AVIC Z920DAB in the car and have all the necessary cables and most of the knowledge/ability.

But I'm stuck on the patch lead. So far I've worked out which loop cable to cut and the instructions say Key 1 is the cable I need to use but the instructions completely fail to say what for or how.
An example given for a Kenwood unit says cut loops J1 & J2 and use the wire connector to the radio. Same for Panasonic except leave J2 uncut and Key 1 (a brown wire) into radio.

Problem is, there's no spare wire on the Panasonic head unit for this wire. Does anyone actually KNOW?

I've got time tomorrow and Monday to do the install but don't want to start it until I know exactly what's what.

Thanks
Guy

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Connect2 say that the patch lead for this particular head unit needs the Jack Plug connecting to the W/R socket on the head unit. The Key1/Key2/GND cables should be insulated and not used. Hope to be able to confirm next weekend that it's fitted and working. Here's hoping for good weather.
Guy

1 - 3 of 3 Posts