Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everone,

I just got a 2006 Alfa 159 with the satnav radio, and I desperately need to be able to connect my USB stick with mp3s, or my iPod (with a jack, not the iPod connector), and preferably also have a Bluetooth connection for my phone (just for phone support, not for playing music).
Does anyone know some solution which actually works? i.e. works with the steering wheel controls, shows mp3 titles (or at least file names) on one of the LCDs..

I've heard of Dension, and I've also found this: Alfa Romeo USB/SD MP3 Interface Model V :: ALFA ROMEO :: XCarLink
but neither of them says it works with the satnav 159 radio. FYI that's my radio here: http://www.superalfa.pl/foto/fotki/big/1284014958286.JPG

I'd appreciate any advice in the matter :) thanks!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Stansfield, i'm scaning the forum with almost the same problem: only i have std HU, which don't even play mp3 cds. what's your solution? did you find one?
PS i have 2006 Brera

·
Premium Member
1,848 Posts
i have the standard cd unit in my 159 and recently purchased a dension 100 unit which allows me to connect an ipod to the headunit and keep the steering wheel controls and displays track name on the lcd info unit in the dash :)

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Stansfield, i'm scaning the forum with almost the same problem: only i have std HU, which don't even play mp3 cds. what's your solution? did you find one?
PS i have 2006 Brera
Got a solution for the Satnav radio: Loudlink mp3 CD Changer Emulator for Alfa Romeo 159, BRERA, SPIDER ConnectNAV+ /AUX [LLK-B08X] - 157.50 EUR : Loudlink, - The new generation of CD changers for Fiat, Alfa Romeo, Lancia, Maserati, Porsche - SSD Mp3 player with iPhone, iPod compatible

Been using it for several months now, works quite fine, just freezes sometimes (after a quick power-out, like when starting the car). Waiting for a firmware update fixing it..

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
10 Posts
Vendor says it's compatible.....may give it a go! Off ebay so can always give bad mark if it doesn't work!!!
I was wandering through different Alfa-Forums and finally came across your post. I've also been searching for an alternative for installing a CD-Changer in my ConnectNav+ system (without Blue&ME). Loudlink was my main option - seems robust and working but is indeed pricey. Therefore i searched more and after your discovery decided to go for the same device - http://cgi.ebay.pl/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...54&ssPageName=ADME:L:OC:PL:1123#ht_2702wt_650
Hope it works, will post after recieving it :)

·
Registered
93 Posts
I would also appreciate knowing the outcome of this exercise and whether this Ebay sourced is the suitable alternative that we all hope it is!;)

·
Registered
93 Posts
I was wandering through different Alfa-Forums and finally came across your post. I've also been searching for an alternative for installing a CD-Changer in my ConnectNav+ system (without Blue&ME). Loudlink was my main option - seems robust and working but is indeed pricey. Therefore i searched more and after your discovery decided to go for the same device - http://cgi.ebay.pl/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...54&ssPageName=ADME:L:OC:PL:1123#ht_2702wt_650
Hope it works, will post after recieving it :)
Did you get hold of one of these, and did it do everything that it said it would? I would appreciate any feedback you may have on it?

Thanks

·
Registered
10 Posts
Did you get hold of one of these, and did it do everything that it said it would? I would appreciate any feedback you may have on it?

Thanks
Hi,
It's been a while since I recieved my package and at last had some time to install it in my ConnectNav system.
The device I finally recieved from the seller was a Yatour USB/SD/AUX-IN interface - slightly different than the DMC offered on eBay auction but said to be compatible with 159's Audio System. Package contained CDC connection cable (6-pin, AFAIR), mentioned interface, 3,5" M-M jack cable and manual.
Installation was quick - the main and only problem is getting the CN+ out from the dashboard but then it's pretty simple. The connecting cable included is long enough so the interface can be stored in the compartment on passenger's side or - as in my case - in the net to the left from passenger's legs. The device works as is supposed to. Jack-in is perfect for iPods or other non standard sources, SD and USB also work as intended. CN controls and buttons on the steering wheel work well. Yatour is bit fussy with some MP3-codecs, sometimes "underwater" sound come from the speakers instead of music - I'll have to make some tests to determine which settings actually cause that.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Hi,
It's been a while since I recieved my package and at last had some time to install it in my ConnectNav system.
The device I finally recieved from the seller was a Yatour USB/SD/AUX-IN interface - slightly different than the DMC offered on eBay auction but said to be compatible with 159's Audio System. Package contained CDC connection cable (6-pin, AFAIR), mentioned interface, 3,5" M-M jack cable and manual.
Installation was quick - the main and only problem is getting the CN+ out from the dashboard but then it's pretty simple. The connecting cable included is long enough so the interface can be stored in the compartment on passenger's side or - as in my case - in the net to the left from passenger's legs. The device works as is supposed to. Jack-in is perfect for iPods or other non standard sources, SD and USB also work as intended. CN controls and buttons on the steering wheel work well. Yatour is bit fussy with some MP3-codecs, sometimes "underwater" sound come from the speakers instead of music - I'll have to make some tests to determine which settings actually cause that.
Do you still retain control over the CD Changer or is that cut out of the system? Sounds promising though!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Do you still retain control over the CD Changer or is that cut out of the system? Sounds promising though!
Unfortunately I have no regular CD Changer in my audio system, that's why such interface was a must.
Nevertheless on producer's website - Yatour-Digital CD Changer,Digital Music Changer,iPod Adapter,Intelligent Parking Assist,AMI,KVW - Products - Yatour Car Digital CD Changer - on shown installation diagram there is a small switch capable of accepting the signal both from the MP3-changer as well as regular CD-device. It seems like "switching-cable" differs from the one I recieved originally with Yatour but maybe the seller has such in offer.
Moreover - during installation on the CD-changer cable I found 2 little antenna-like plugs kept in rubber covers that were not shown on the installation diagram. When left unconnected the system works but in background can be heard sort of digital drops - no matter what source (digital or analog) you choose. Connecting both plugs helps to overcome this annoying problem.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Unfortunately I have no regular CD Changer in my audio system, that's why such interface was a must.
Nevertheless on producer's website - Yatour-Digital CD Changer,Digital Music Changer,iPod Adapter,Intelligent Parking Assist,AMI,KVW - Products - Yatour Car Digital CD Changer - on shown installation diagram there is a small switch capable of accepting the signal both from the MP3-changer as well as regular CD-device. It seems like "switching-cable" differs from the one I recieved originally with Yatour but maybe the seller has such in offer.
Moreover - during installation on the CD-changer cable I found 2 little antenna-like plugs kept in rubber covers that were not shown on the installation diagram. When left unconnected the system works but in background can be heard sort of digital drops - no matter what source (digital or analog) you choose. Connecting both plugs helps to overcome this annoying problem.
Mmm I see, I wonder if the switch is accessible when this has been conected up into back of the Connect Nav, if its not accesible (ie behind the dash) then its as good as useless! Regarding the anntena like plugs, could they be some sort or earth screening?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Mmm I see, I wonder if the switch is accessible when this has been conected up into back of the Connect Nav, if its not accesible (ie behind the dash) then its as good as useless! Regarding the anntena like plugs, could they be some sort or earth screening?
I assume the switch is supposed to be installed in an easy accessible place e.g. passenger's compartment. ConnectNav+ is fitted in really tight slot with closed rear and cables need to be carefully arranged - it's uncomfortable in installation thus definiately designed for occasional access.
Regarding these additional plugs - I haven't found any tips yet but how hook them up, earth screening was my only supposition. Nonetheless it solved the problem.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts