Alfa Romeo Forum banner

21 - 40 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
33,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I've just reserved an ex-display Cambridge Audio iD10, complete with remote control, at my local Richer Sounds.

Total price - £5.98!! :smug:

·
Registered
33,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
I decided not to buy the ID10 after all.

And got something for ten times the price instead.

V

·
0 Posts
That will give you the best sound - and I can't think of the name of the DAC that it almost certainly contains - dammit! But their chipset seems to crop up in a lot of these posh iPod stations.

It's on the tip of my tongue...grrr!

V

·
0 Posts
Ah, it uses a Cirrus DAC - never heard of them! :lol:

Should be good though - and there's a Toslink digital-optical output (as well as SPDiF) which means that if you have an amp or surround system with such an input, you can plug straight in, digitally.

Nice!

·
Registered
33,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Ah, it uses a Cirrus DAC - never heard of them! :lol:

Should be good though - and there's a Toslink digital-optical output (as well as SPDiF) which means that if you have an amp or surround system with such an input, you can plug straight in, digitally.

Nice!
I have no idea what you just said (typed).

V

·
0 Posts
Obviously there will be a 2 'phono' outputs (L & R) to connect with an ordinary analogue amp (probably what you have).

But if your amp should have digital inputs too (Toslink optical or SPDiF coaxial cable) you can use those.

Infact, if you have an AV amp (connected to your TV), a relatively recent one will almost certainly have both of these and I think you'd be able to play any videos you have on your iPod, on your TV.

·
Registered
33,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
I just want music on my iPod to come out of the speakers of my old stereo.

21 - 40 of 51 Posts