Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i apologize for creating the same thread twice since i created it to wrong place.
i have such a stupid question,probably too easy for you guys,(judging from what i have read for so long about all these cables and stuff)

i want to replace my standart cd player(car has bose system) with an old indash dvd(navitech) that i took away from dad's old passat b5.5

so i took the old cd player out,and there were 4 heads.
(i am absolutely so ignorant about these electronical stuff so please excuse me!)
1 is for the antenna for the radio ( what i was told)
2 power supplies ( i think,well,no problem with them,cuz they fit and work!)(1 black,1 white)

and the last thing is that the 3-coloured-i-don't-know-what-head.

i put on the dvd,it was opened,and even played a dvd,but no sound.(as expected)
my friend told me that these 3-coloured-head(yellow-green-blue) might be completing the set so without it,it won't work.

so i have been surfing for so long,and i found out that the thing i need is this :

bose at Nexxia

the first one up ahead.
(since i don't have the possibility to bring it all the way from the U.K,i found it on german ebay)

ALFA ROMEO MAZDA MERCEDES ADAPTER AKTIVSYSTEM BOSE | eBay

i live in a city,that still comunism partly exists and people are not eager to earn money and noone wants to help me out,so,all i'm going to do is doing what you guys will tell me.

the 3-coloured-head can be seen here :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LEEWBs8H1kM
(by the way in this video,these 3 colours are not atteched to each other,on my car they are so stuck to each other,i couldn't break their bond)

car doesn't have steering controls for audio system so i don't have to worry about that.
i got a woofer back there connected to standart amphi of bose.works pretty well..

please guys,help me out with that sticky situation.
Thank you all in advance.. ANY IDEA IS SO IMPORTANT FOR ME. thank you all..

·
Premium Member
7,520 Posts
For a start, you can at least find what all the connections are for here:
.:12vhifi.nl:. alles over Car Audio & Techniek

The small connector on the bottom right in the diagram (think it's yellow) has a single wire comming out of this.... You need to connect that to a switched +12 output. You could additionaly connect it to A5 for instance, which is a 12v OUTPUT from the radio.... This switches on the Bose amplifier

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
For a start, you can at least find what all the connections are for here:
.:12vhifi.nl:. alles over Car Audio & Techniek

The small connector on the bottom right in the diagram (think it's yellow) has a single wire comming out of this.... You need to connect that to a switched +12 output. You could additionaly connect it to A5 for instance, which is a 12v OUTPUT from the radio.... This switches on the Bose amplifier

yeah,you are right! one has a single wire,i am sure it's green,i was looking at them all they long.
could u please tell me more detailed?
I AM ABSOLUTE IGNORANT about these stuff..
so i have to connect that single wire (green i think) a switched +12 output and the other side goes where?

i have 2 slots in my indash dvd player,which are already full..
1 is power (white head) other one is i think stereo's(black head)

so it means i will take the +12 output and connect it to green and the other side to the place of this black head? ( black head is 8 pin females)

and that's it? what about the yellow one then?
thank you so much for ur answer by the way,i really appriciate it..

·
AO Silver Member, 155 Lounge Winner 09
7,713 Posts
Perhaps have a read of the stickied Guidelines thread:
http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/ice-and-blue-and-me/153629-how-to-install-aftermarket-headunit-guide-147-156-and-gt.html

The 'remote' wire that triggers the BOSE amplifier on/off is in the YELLOW mini-ISO plug, location C6. Connect this to the wire on your new headunit, that is labelled 'remote output' or similar; it is blue or blue/white if the Navitech uses standard aftermarket wiring colours (as opposed to factory headunit colours which can be very different).

You can either use an adaptor like the Nexxia version, or connect it directly yourself (eg: crimp-on bullet terminals) by cutting and joining the wires.

:)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts