Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
iv recently bought my 156 and already its anoying me that i have to manually turn on and off the stereo. iv just wired up my pioneer head unit but was wondering if it was easy to link it to the ignition iv also linked my i-pod adaptor to the stereo but im not getting any audio has anyone got any ideas. thanx:thumbs:

·
Registered
198 Posts
Why not connect it to the live to the cigar lighter. That is only powered when the ignition is on and should be ok as long as you have an in line fuse.

·
AO Silver Member, 155 Lounge Winner 09
7,713 Posts
yes, the RED ACC (ACCessories) wire on the pioneer can be connected to a 'switched'/IGN wire (0V with key OFF, +12V with key ON). indeed, the cigarette lighter wiring is suitable. use a multimeter to confirm which wire (as opposed to the GND or backlighting), and make a quality join (eg: solder/insulate), and consider adding an inline (3A) fuse for peace of mind.

not sure about the iPod adaptor. if it's a pioneer one, then best you re-read the owner's manuals carefully. you probably need to activate the P-bus auxiliary input.

:)

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
ryboy - Check your iPod adapter, the Pioneer has an in and an out I think, there are two colours blue and black but I forget which is which.

If you plug the cable in the wrong one, all the control signals pass ok and you can see the adapter, but you get no sound through stereo. Was the same story with their DAB tuner, cable should be colour coded, just double check you have it plugged into the right place.

Their idea of "in" and "out" is sometimes interesting, its a very easy mistake to make...

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ryboy - Check your iPod adapter, the Pioneer has an in and an out I think, there are two colours blue and black but I forget which is which.

If you plug the cable in the wrong one, all the control signals pass ok and you can see the adapter, but you get no sound through stereo. Was the same story with their DAB tuner, cable should be colour coded, just double check you have it plugged into the right place.

Their idea of "in" and "out" is sometimes interesting, its a very easy mistake to make...
ive just swapped the lead over on the ipod adapter & i cant believe that thats all it was! lol!
i feel like a right numpty! doh!
i assumed that the blue plug went into the blue socket. silly me, that would have been far too easy!

thanks mate. will be trying to link the stereo to the ignition tomorrow, ill let you know how i get on.

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
Don't feel too stupid, there is a reason I knew that might be the problem!

Its probably just that you have the cable round the other way, the headunit is probably a black<->blue connection as well.

Glad that solved it though :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts