Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any chance of some help with this. Picked up mt GT two weeks ago. Everything works fine on the Connect Nav - apart from the phone. Put my sim in the card holder, and all I get is a message says 'sim not inserted properly' or something like that. Tried the usual wiggling etc to no avail. Been in the options menu, and it says it's disabled, but that is in a part of the menu that it won't let me alter.

Any help would be fantastic, this is quite annoying - apart from this the car has given massive pleasure!

·
Premium Member
7,522 Posts
Any chance of some help with this. Picked up mt GT two weeks ago. Everything works fine on the Connect Nav - apart from the phone. Put my sim in the card holder, and all I get is a message says 'sim not inserted properly' or something like that. Tried the usual wiggling etc to no avail. Been in the options menu, and it says it's disabled, but that is in a part of the menu that it won't let me alter.

Any help would be fantastic, this is quite annoying - apart from this the car has given massive pleasure!
Probably too obvious :D , but I don't suppose you have the card in wrong side up ?....

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Tried it both ways........it has a little notch in it, so getting it back to front isn't really an option!

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
What network are you on?

I got this message on my old 166 because it was only compatible with o2 and Vodaphone.

Not my orange sim. Bought an O2 PAYG sim and did call divert when in car.:confused:

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What network are you on?

I got this message on my old 166 because it was only compatible with o2 and Vodaphone.

Not my orange sim. Bought an O2 PAYG sim and did call divert when in car.:confused:

Tried a Vodafone and a vVrgin sim. Think I'll go see the dealer on Fri, as I don't know how to use the Cruise Conrol either!

·
Registered
7,179 Posts
The cruise is easy - at your selected speed, swich it on then nudge the + button, thats it.

If you brake or change gear (which disengages it), press the RES button on the end and it resumes the stored speed.

Orange and PAYG SIM's dont work, I had the odd problem with mine over the 3 years I had it that cleaning the SIM helped.

Do you have the Connect Manual? its a seperate document.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The cruise is easy - at your selected speed, swich it on then nudge the + button, thats it.

If you brake or change gear (which disengages it), press the RES button on the end and it resumes the stored speed.

Orange and PAYG SIM's dont work, I had the odd problem with mine over the 3 years I had it that cleaning the SIM helped.

Pay as you go sims don't work at all? I put my brothers Voda card in (contract) and nothing either. I have the manual, its a good 1" thick, but it doesnt seem to have helped.

Cheers, I'll have a go with the cruise control later.

·
Registered
7,179 Posts
PAYG SIM's dont work in a lot of contract mobiles either.

Usually if it doesnt fancy the SIM it says 'emergency 112 only' or something?

·
Registered
11,614 Posts

My Orange Sim card works, but I've got 2 dual sim cards & Its a company mobile, but not company car

·
Registered
245 Posts
My Virgin PAYG sim worked fine and my O2 monthly sim also worked. Ensure the contact side of the sim faces to the right.

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
My Connect Nav works with either of my sim cards, one is a contract sim and the other is a PAYG, both on Orange.

It's not a very recent sim card is it? I seem to remember a thread a couple of weeks ago where someone said some new high speed sims might not work in the Connect Nav.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I had the same problem a while back which I determined was due to the little plastic 'credit card' sized holder that AR supply being a little to 'vague' in the SIM slot (if that's the best way of putting it!....What I really mean is that no amount of wiggling the card seems to make the right contact between SIM and unit!). I eventually managed to solve the problem by ordering a new PAYG SIM from Orange, and when it arrived in the post I put it straight in the car still in its plastic mounting (which is the exact same size and shape as the AR holder). I've had no problems until this week when the phone now seems to be able to make and receive voice calls, but won't send or receive texts. Anyone any ideas on this one (sounds like a SIM/Orange problem rather than an AR one?).

·
Registered
10 Posts
Further to my last post - have solved the text message problem. I just had to delete some messages from my sent items because the phone memory was full. Simple really! (All credit to my wife who had the brainwave - and I was all for taking the head unit to bits!....).

1 - 16 of 16 Posts