1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
609 Posts
Hi guys i have read alot about Sat Nav antennas on here but just seeing if you guys in the know would think this would work ?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Car-GPS-Navigation-HRS-GT5-1S-Antenna-Nissan-XANAVI-VNR_W0QQitemZ370094703441QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item370094703441&_trkparms=72:1301|39:1|66:2|65:12|240:1318&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

I think it has the correct connector on the end but its not listed in the compatible models. My unit isn't picking up any satalites at the moment.

Cheers

Paul
Hmm, not sure Paul. Ask the seller via Ebay? For about £8 it might be worth a gamble.

·
AO Silver Member, 155 Lounge Winner 09
7,713 Posts
if indeed your antenna is stuffed, then that should work fine.

is your radio reception ok? cos they both rely on the roof antenna.

:)

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well now you mention it, When i bought the car a few months back it had a useless Halfords chrome ariel and the radio reception was really bad, i assumed that this was also the reason for my Sat Nav not picking up satellites, so i bought the correct ariel from Alfa. My radio reception is now far improved but not perfect. I was hoping this would fix the Sat Nav but still no luck. This was going to be my next line of action. Must be worth a £10 punt unless anyone has any other options

·
AO Silver Member, 155 Lounge Winner 09
7,713 Posts
worth trying i think.

:)

·
Premium Member
7,515 Posts
Hi Rumbley
Did you get this sorted ?
I've got a nav which cant find any satellites - wondered how you got on ?
It's usualy a problem with the GPS antenna. The standard GPS antenna is located in the base of the roof arial.
However, it's usually a lot easier and cheaper to buy a "standard" GPS antenna, and just mount it internally (invisible) on top of the cage of the connect+ (they usually have a magnetic base).
See f.i. here for an example:
GPS antennes en Wireless antennes distributeur WLAN WiFi accesoires T: 074-2777176

You need one with a "HRS GT5" connector...

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi Pedly Ped

Yeah i did get it sorted. In the end i bought a GPS antenna on ebay. It was pretty much pot luck i made sure it had the correct connecter on the end and went for a universal one. I think it cost me under a tenner in the end and it works fine now.

The link that jwq posted is almost exactly the same as the one i bought but like i said it was under a tenner on ebay. I mounted mine under the rear view mirror at the top of my windscreen.

Instant fix

Hope this helps

·
Premium Member
7,515 Posts
Hi Pedly Ped

Yeah i did get it sorted. In the end i bought a GPS antenna on ebay. It was pretty much pot luck i made sure it had the correct connecter on the end and went for a universal one. I think it cost me under a tenner in the end and it works fine now.

The link that jwq posted is almost exactly the same as the one i bought but like i said it was under a tenner on ebay. I mounted mine under the rear view mirror at the top of my windscreen.

Instant fix

Hope this helps
Like I said, you can also mount it on top of the metal cage of your connect+, below the dash, or alternatively below the dash up against the front window. Nice and invisible.
As long as there's no metal between the antenna and the sky, it works fine...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts