Alfa Romeo Forum banner

4221 - 4240 of 4321 Posts

·
Registered
2,393 Posts

Taken from page 13 JRow that’s all that matters about Trumps comment on hydroxychloroquine really, to me anyway

potential risk of severe QT prolongation induced by the association of the two drugs has not been established yet but should be considered. As for each treatment, the cost benefits of the risk should be evaluated individually. Further studies on this combination are needed, since such combination may both act as an antiviral therapy against SARS-CoV-2 and prevent bacterial super-infections.
The cause of failure for hydroxychloroquine treatment should be investigated by testing the isolated SARS-CoV-2 strains of the non-respondents and analyzing their genome, and by analyzing the host factors that may be associated with the metabolism of hydroxychloroquine. The existence of hydroxychloroquine failure in two patients (mother and son) is more suggestive of the last mechanism of resistance.
Such results are promising and open the possibility of an international strategy to decision- makers to fight this emerging viral infection in real-time even if other strategies and research including vaccine development could be also effective, but only in the future. We therefore recommend that COVID-19 patients be treated with hydroxychloroquine and azithromycin to cure their infection and to limit the transmission of the virus to other people in order to curb the spread of COVID-19 in the world. Further works are also warranted to determine if these compounds could be useful as chemoprophylaxis to prevent the transmission of the virus, especially for healthcare workers. Our study has some limitations including a small sample size, limited long-term outcome follow-up, and dropout of six patients from the study, however in the current context, we believe that our results should be shared with the scientific community
It would be nice for the press to report things like this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
111 Posts
I’m still awaiting for you to post that study result?
Here’s one that works and has been published in Marseille, France. https://www.mediterranee-infection.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/Hydroxychloroquine_final_DOI_IJAA.pdf

Here you go:
VERDICT
Current data do not support the use of hydroxychloroquine for prophylaxis or treatment of COVID-19. There are no published trials of prophylaxis. Two trials of hydroxychloroquine treatment that are in the public domain, one non-peer reviewed, are premature analyses of trials whose conduct in both cases diverged from the published skeleton protocols registered on clinical trial sites. Neither they, nor three other negative trials that have since appeared, support the view that hydroxychloroquine is effective in the management of even mild COVID-19 disease.

·
Registered
5,675 Posts
So CNN are too left wing to be trusted? Hows about Fox News then ?

p.s. Trump is now tweeting his moronic followers to look away from Fox for their news sources .Even Fox aren't sycophantic enough for his fragile ego
Do you think the hydrochloride is now making him worse ? :D

You couldn't make this 5hit up...and it would be so funny except this is the most powerful man in the world !!

There's always the Daily Mail to turn to...........................

·
Registered
2,393 Posts
Here you go:
VERDICT
Current data do not support the use of hydroxychloroquine for prophylaxis or treatment of COVID-19. There are no published trials of prophylaxis. Two trials of hydroxychloroquine treatment that are in the public domain, one non-peer reviewed, are premature analyses of trials whose conduct in both cases diverged from the published skeleton protocols registered on clinical trial sites. Neither they, nor three other negative trials that have since appeared, support the view that hydroxychloroquine is effective in the management of even mild COVID-19 disease.

So in summary the link you posted shows that Robin E Ferner*, Jeffrey K Aronson

On behalf of the Oxford COVID-19 Evidence Service Team
Centre for Evidence-Based Medicine, Nuffield Department of Primary Care Health Sciences
University of Oxford
*University of Birmingham
Have looked into the clinical trials and made judgement based on their “ expert “ opinions.
May I remind you those opinions are just so.
They should conduct trials to show that the study if they believe hydroxychloroquine is NONE effective in the management of even mild COVID-19 disease.

That’s real science proving science to work or not work by doing the trials themselves ( which they have NOT! ) then the St. Francis Hospital, New York wouldn’t have to waste their time.
Maybe the man from Ireland with the Hard Science qualification can tell you that

·
Registered
2,393 Posts
Do you think the hydrochloride is now making him worse ? :D

You couldn't make this 5hit up...and it would be so funny except this is the most powerful man in the world !!

There's always the Daily Mail to turn to...........................
Well if he has a bad heart and is using hydrochloride as he admits them according to the FDA & one FOX reporter he should be dead soon. Something for use to really celebrate

·
Premium Member
111 Posts
So in summary the link you posted shows that Robin E Ferner*, Jeffrey K Aronson

On behalf of the Oxford COVID-19 Evidence Service Team
Centre for Evidence-Based Medicine, Nuffield Department of Primary Care Health Sciences
University of Oxford
*University of Birmingham
Have looked into the clinical trials and made judgement based on their “ expert “ opinions.
May I remind you those opinions are just so.
They should conduct trials to show that the study if they believe hydroxychloroquine is NONE effective in the management of even mild COVID-19 disease.

That’s real science proving science to work or not work by doing the trials themselves ( which they have NOT! ) then the St. Francis Hospital, New York wouldn’t have to waste their time.
Maybe the man from Ireland with the Hard Science qualification can tell you that

Maybe you will like this one:

·
Registered
2,393 Posts
I can’t judge someone I have never met or had any acquaintance with. That is how I judge a person. Professionally if he can get America’s unemployment down to its ever lowest as it was pre-Covid and eradicate the virus from the USA then he’ll go down as the best president the USA has ever had

Let’s face it. That’s an up hill battle

·
Registered
2,393 Posts
“ The treatment has been shown in observational studies to have limited or no proven benefits for coronavirus patients, “

Again an opinion without any studies
By the word “ limited “ spells out ( to me anyway ) a ray of hope, and at least a study to be made.

Observational studies are also useful in studying rare events where we can retrospectively collect data to determine probable causes. Making a judgment doesn’t help eradicate the virus.
These can be concluded as observational studies

census
existing sources
survey sampling
designed experiments
Can you tell me which study did they perform?

·
Registered
11,443 Posts
I can’t judge someone I have never met or had any acquaintance with. That is how I judge a person. Professionally if he can get America’s unemployment down to its ever lowest as it was pre-Covid and eradicate the virus from the USA then he’ll go down as the best president the USA has ever had

Let’s face it. That’s an up hill battle
Fake news! Lowest since 1952 - get your facts right!

And they're now looking at hitting 20% unemployment which would be the highest since 1935.

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Sorry Clay ,i have neither the intellect or education to look at a medical paper and take anything from of it. I have to rely on the assessment from others,and it appears to me that most are still sceptical that any trial has proved any benefit,or at least of any benefit being greater than the risks .

·
Registered
2,393 Posts
Fake news! Lowest since 1952 - get your facts right!

And they're now looking at hitting 20% unemployment which would be the highest since 1935.
Scroll down to the second paragraph “ US economic growth “ Covid 19 has caused the unemployment situation at the minute.
Let’s judge him how he puts it right.

·
Registered
2,393 Posts
Sorry Clay ,i have neither the intellect or education to look at a medical paper and take anything from of it. I have to rely on the assessment from others,and it appears to me that most are still sceptical that any trial has proved any benefit,or at least of any benefit being greater than the risks .
This is an ongoing issue of development. Hospital’s try new clinical trials all the time. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

·
Registered
11,443 Posts
Scroll down to the second paragraph “ US economic growth “ Covid 19 has caused the unemployment situation at the minute.
Let’s judge him how he puts it right.

From the article you linked to:
"Reality Check verdict: It's true the economy has been doing well - but there have been periods when it was even stronger.
And the trade war with China, rising tensions in the Middle East and fears over the health of the global economy have unsettled markets at various points, and led the US central bank, the Federal Reserve, to lower interest rates. "

"For 2019, the data shows an annual average growth of 2.3%, ending the year at 2.1% for the fourth quarter.
This is significantly less than the 5.5% peak achieved in the second quarter of 2014 during the Obama presidency.
And if you go further back, there were times in the 1950s and 1960s when GDP growth was even higher."

Obviously Trump takes all the credit when things just happen to be going well, but takes no responsibility for the disaster he tried to pretend wasn't happening until it had spread to cause the deaths of 92,000 US citizens.

Sure, history will judge him alright.

·
Registered
2,393 Posts
We were talking about unemployment figures that you boldly hi-lighted the font in post #4,230
You are now playing a game of Top Trumps ( no pun intended ) no GDP figures was discussed. It’s the best unemployment figures that have ever been in the history of their records apart from 0.1% .Not even 1% talk about nitpicking

If i lived in the USA I’d expect a good president to get us jobs, keeps us in work, and allow us to have more money in our pockets after we’ve paid the bills. I’d most certainly expect them to put their own country & it’s citizens first before other nations too.
Have the Tories done that for us? Not sure about you but I’m on minimum wage ( was £8.21 per hour, from the worlds 5th largest economy that’s GDP for you.

·
Registered
11,443 Posts
2019 3.5%
1952 2.7%
1944 1.2%

You link to an article on his claim that the economy has never been stronger than under his presidency, an article that shows this is clearly not true.

You can't judge a presidency on unemployment alone, and the figure only came down from 4.7% to 3.5% in the first 3 years under Trump, not really a huge achievement .

·
Registered
11,443 Posts
If i lived in the USA I’d expect a good president to get us jobs, keeps us in work, and allow us to have more money in our pockets after we’ve paid the bills. I’d most certainly expect them to put their own country & it’s citizens first before other nations too.
Have the Tories done that for us? Not sure about you but I’m on minimum wage ( was £8.21 per hour, from the worlds 5th largest economy that’s GDP for you.
You seem to be anti Tory but pro-Trump. Left wing, Right wing, chicken wing indeed.
In the good old US of A the minimum wage is $7.25 that's £5.92 of your English Pounds.

·
Registered
2,393 Posts
You seem to be anti Tory but pro-Trump. Left wing, Right wing, chicken wing indeed.
In the good old US of A the minimum wage is $7.25 that's £5.92 of your English Pounds.
Each state varies to what minimum wage that recipients get. Like London & Manchester
It’s $12 an hour in California

·
Registered
2,393 Posts
2019 3.5%
1952 2.7%
1944 1.2%

You link to an article on his claim that the economy has never been stronger than under his presidency, an article that shows this is clearly not true.

You can't judge a presidency on unemployment alone, and the figure only came down from 4.7% to 3.5% in the first 3 years under Trump, not really a huge achievement .
“ You can't judge a presidency on unemployment alone, “

I’ll agree with you on that. But at the moment he’s being judged on the economy & the virus.

·
Registered
11,443 Posts
Actually, that World's 5th Economy is a pre-Brexit referendum rating. Since then we've slipped behind India and France to 7th. (although some sources have us tied with France or slightly ahead in 6th)

4221 - 4240 of 4321 Posts