Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 4763 Posts

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
Politics is odd in the US. Listen to his acceptance speech - if Corbyn was spouting that, no one would bat a eyelid. Infrastructure projects, government programmes, the whole lot.

Strangely. I think he will probably be a good president, bit like Reagan. He has little ideaological baggage - he personally has none, and he's aready ****ed his party off. Rather than institutionalised brinkmanship with the Russians (because that's what we do), he might just approach it in a more mature manner. I don't want to start WWIII in some **** hole in the Middle East and I don't think he wants to either. Not sure about Hillary.

On top of it all, I have a visceral dislike of political dynasties. Nothing stinks of nepotism more than finding the best candidate in a country of 350 million people is a previous president's wife/husband/child.

·
Registered
3,769 Posts
I still think the Middle-East is a red-herring in terms of international disturbance.

Trump is the only person who has been so vocal about China as an international giant of economics. I think he's much more concerned with playing games with China, than he is with Russia, Syria, the EU and the Middle-East.

·
Premium Member
77,388 Posts
Politics is odd in the US. Listen to his acceptance speech - if Corbyn was spouting that, no one would bat a eyelid. Infrastructure projects, government programmes, the whole lot.

Strangely. I think he will probably be a good president, bit like Reagan. He has little ideaological baggage - he personally has none, and he's aready ****ed his party off. Rather than institutionalised brinkmanship with the Russians (because that's what we do), he might just approach it in a more mature manner. I don't want to start WWIII in some **** hole in the Middle East and I don't think he wants to either. Not sure about Hillary.

On top of it all, I have a visceral dislike of political dynasties. Nothing stinks of nepotism more than finding the best candidate in a country of 350 million people is a previous president's wife/husband/child.
He can talk it. Can he do it?

I don't think maturity is a strength. Do you mean capitalistic pragmatism? That misses a lot of social policy marks.

He is a product of nepotistic, dynastic privilege. Though I take your point.

1 - 20 of 4763 Posts