Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 4126 Posts

·
Registered
4,298 Posts
Politics is odd in the US. Listen to his acceptance speech - if Corbyn was spouting that, no one would bat a eyelid. Infrastructure projects, government programmes, the whole lot.

Strangely. I think he will probably be a good president, bit like Reagan. He has little ideaological baggage - he personally has none, and he's aready ****ed his party off. Rather than institutionalised brinkmanship with the Russians (because that's what we do), he might just approach it in a more mature manner. I don't want to start WWIII in some **** hole in the Middle East and I don't think he wants to either. Not sure about Hillary.

On top of it all, I have a visceral dislike of political dynasties. Nothing stinks of nepotism more than finding the best candidate in a country of 350 million people is a previous president's wife/husband/child.

·
Registered
3,769 Posts
I still think the Middle-East is a red-herring in terms of international disturbance.

Trump is the only person who has been so vocal about China as an international giant of economics. I think he's much more concerned with playing games with China, than he is with Russia, Syria, the EU and the Middle-East.

·
Premium Member
77,205 Posts
Politics is odd in the US. Listen to his acceptance speech - if Corbyn was spouting that, no one would bat a eyelid. Infrastructure projects, government programmes, the whole lot.

Strangely. I think he will probably be a good president, bit like Reagan. He has little ideaological baggage - he personally has none, and he's aready ****ed his party off. Rather than institutionalised brinkmanship with the Russians (because that's what we do), he might just approach it in a more mature manner. I don't want to start WWIII in some **** hole in the Middle East and I don't think he wants to either. Not sure about Hillary.

On top of it all, I have a visceral dislike of political dynasties. Nothing stinks of nepotism more than finding the best candidate in a country of 350 million people is a previous president's wife/husband/child.
He can talk it. Can he do it?

I don't think maturity is a strength. Do you mean capitalistic pragmatism? That misses a lot of social policy marks.

He is a product of nepotistic, dynastic privilege. Though I take your point.

·
Registered
38,319 Posts
You westerners are f'ing crazy at the moment with your Brexits and your Trumps

I'm seriously considering staying out here in the sand where at least the local despots are consistent in their despoting

You'll be back for the Kardashian 2020 campaign.

1 - 20 of 4126 Posts