Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Regional Representative, For South Africa - AO-SA
5,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well done Frost, the NEW chairman for The Johannesburg Alfa Club (ARCSA).
I think you are also the youngest Chairman the club has ever had.
This bodes well for the future of the club indeed.

Also elected to the comittee, from AO
Hygrade
Alfamale69
Patufra
Gertie
and of course Krasch !

Congratulations to you all, and please feel free to shout if you want to get some AO assistance ! :thumbs:

After last night's meeting at the club I have a more positive outlook on the continuious existance of this club.... a change was needed, and I think Frost has the beginnings of a "new future" in mind already ...... Best of luck !
:cool::cool::cool::thumbs:

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
Well done guys, really good to see some nice representation from the forum.

It would be rather cool if all you guys joined up straight after the new comittee.

·
Registered
13,815 Posts
Nice...is that the reason tweedle dee and tweedle dum did not attend the AO run?(Hygrade and AlfaFEmale96):cheese:

Now i'll join the club, where young ous are!

K

·
0 Posts
Manny , it will snow when you join but i am preparing for it - so come on .

·
Registered
2,514 Posts
I hear the mumbleing about no young people in the clubs.

But then the young guys don't join a club because there are only old people, and it is going to stay that way because.... they don't join. But what is true as well, these young guys should take over the leadership. But you will quickly find out that very few people is willing to spend 10 hours a week of their own time to run the club and make things great for the rest of the guys.

A very good example Guili, is the ARCSA website that is not organised the way you like it. But the club members are very glad that somebody is doing it, because in the land of the blind one eye is king. The research for info on the website can take 2 to 3 full days of you time in a month and then somebody decides it is not as professional as they like it. Try editing the news letter every month with some interesting articles in it, or organize a social and performance event every month without some critic taking you apart. So now you understand why the old Toppies must do it.

Good for you Frost, I trust you will get a lot of help.

·
Registered
2,985 Posts
Im 22 and I feel part of the team when at arcsa events, whether im with the old or young guys actually, their all very nice, you just have to spend some time with the guys like you mean it, but with frost at the head I see great things to come still, congrats my friend! :)

K

·
0 Posts
Yeah its only hectic been on the committee if youre chairman . I have been on the committe for ages and its pretty cool with all the help when every one climbs in ,so new guys, dont be afraid of joining as aint gonna be lumped with tasks etc . Just come and have fun . Most okes prefer to hang out with the older dudes at the race track as they haave the most knowledge when setting up the car but not all of you enjoy race tracks . There are so many different events at the club with for all sorts of interests.
I think the single biggest step forward was the two pauls joining and special thanks to frosti for getting them there.

J

·
0 Posts
Congrats Frost, Krasch and you other guys. Indeed a good thing for the young guns to head ARCSA.

·
Registered
13,815 Posts
I hear the mumbleing about no young people in the clubs.

But then the young guys don't join a club because there are only old people, and it is going to stay that way because.... they don't join. But what is true as well, these young guys should take over the leadership. But you will quickly find out that very few people is willing to spend 10 hours a week of their own time to run the club and make things great for the rest of the guys.

A very good example Guili, is the ARCSA website that is not organised the way you like it. But the club members are very glad that somebody is doing it, because in the land of the blind one eye is king. The research for info on the website can take 2 to 3 full days of you time in a month and then somebody decides it is not as professional as they like it. Try editing the news letter every month with some interesting articles in it, or organize a social and performance event every month without some critic taking you apart. So now you understand why the old Toppies must do it.

Good for you Frost, I trust you will get a lot of help.
:tut:

why are you mentioning me as if I had something to say? For your information in 2009 I started a club in Mpumalanga, had close to 26 members...REGISTERED for FREE and I organized runs and meets. for the 8 months we were active as a informal club the aim was to form part of the ARCSA club and just be an afiliate, we even had a club badge for the Alfa Romeo club of Mpumalanga or ARCOM. In total we met once every month on a Wednesday the die hard guys came...YOUNG guys not OLD guys and slowely the numbers started dwindling and the point came where someone in the club told me why other members are not joining our meets...we never had a run but I know the kind of work it takes to run a club, albeit a club of 26 guys who never thought people would share an interest in Alfa's the way they did...I introduced them to the club, sent out bi-weekly newsletters which I researched and typed out myself, introduced them to the mechanics we all know and they now take their cars to them, introduced them to the parts places etc...so waht are you on about?:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Hey Guys
This is probably overdue , but I have been really busy at work and at the same time the responsibilities of club management.

I would like to thank everyone for their congtats firstly.
But I would also like to ask that we get the things of the past out the way, there was a slight hickup between ARCSA and AO right at the point of inception, and thankfully the AO membership continued to grow and expand.
Now I would like to ask the members on hear to climb on board ARCSA , not to forget AO but rather to use both platforms(as me, krasch, the pauls and others have done for a long time now) to become even more active within the alfa arena and enjoy even more benefits of alfa ownership.
I would firstly like to invite all AO members to our first noggin of next year, it will be an amazing amalgamation if u guys show up in good faith(remember it takes 2 to argue) and enjoy the evening with us, there is no obligation to join(though I would love u guys to do so), but I think this will be a true sign of a new era for alfa ownership in SA, on top of that ARCSA is turning fourty in 2013, so start integrating now, its gonna be a great bash, we will be starting planning soon.

Just some other point we are planning as a club next year to wet the apetite:
We will be having 3 performance events in the form of ALFA vs FIAT track day, mirror ghymkana and dyno day throughout the year.
As always there is a brilliant weekend away filled with fun and brilliant driving roads.
Some family orientated outings to iteresting places in the form of breakfast runs(which always become day runs)
And some cultural balance in the form of a dinner/theatre evening wich will keep the spouces happy.

Also please look out for our new look information pamphlets that will be distributed at dealerships as of early next year.
Also remember to ask for your half year free membership when purchasing a car through arnold chatz.

So many things to come , and as always I am open to ideas and /or help with runs etc.

and please drive safe and sober this holiday season;)

·
Registered
2,514 Posts
:tut:

why are you mentioning me as if I had something to say? For your information in 2009 I started a club in Mpumalanga, had close to 26 members...
Great Guili, that is fantastic, I love it when someone makes things work. The reason I mentioned your name was in reply to the commence about the website. Most of us know nothing about electronics.

And I am trying to get the guys to join ARCSA and ARCOP

·
Registered
13,815 Posts
Frost I heard via the grapevine that's arcsa membahs get reduced insurance rates???is it are true?Ill def join in new year...

1 - 20 of 22 Posts