Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Alfa Romeo Mito 1.4, 2003 Alfa Romeo GTV Phase 3 JTS
1,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While working on the Spider today, I noticed that when the driver's door is shut, the dash shows the door as open. However, the interior light goes off as soon as the door closes, and the central locking and meta remote locking all work as expected. I am confused as to what this may be, are there 2 microswitches in the door? I have had the instruments out recently, perhaps the wiring was disturbed? I am at a loss as to what is going on.

·
Premium Member
1,248 Posts
The microswitches (P10 and P11) in the doors closes when the doors are open, grounding the wires to the dash and to ECU (N82) to indicate doors open.
If the dash still indicate door(s) open, when all doors are closed, can only be possible if there is an error in the dash or if the input to the respective door somehow is shorted to ground without the N82 detecting a short to ground (else the interior light will be on until the timer runs out).

Product Schematic Rectangle Font Slope

·
Registered
2010 Alfa Romeo Mito 1.4, 2003 Alfa Romeo GTV Phase 3 JTS
1,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Okay, since I've had the dash out before, I'll check the pins and clean up the connectors.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.