Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought my 156 2.4 jtd turismo, mpg always reads around 28, worked it out manually to be around 38, still not great but its in need of a good service, trip meter seems to just lose miles for some reason, did 135miles home from my gf's monday morning, got back in the car after work and it read 97 miles, flicked through everything else, travel time just over 2 hours, was about right for the 135-140miles, and average speed read 45mph, how the hell?! Lol, barely any of it makes any sense at all really

R

·
0 Posts
38 manually is about right and pretty good for a diesel that goes like s*@t off a shovel wouldn't you say :lol:

R

·
0 Posts
Have you checked that the battery terminals are securely clamped to the battery (6mm bolts - requiring 10 mm spannner) ? The trip computer will keep resetting if you have a loose connection.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
38 manually is about right and pretty good for a diesel that goes like s*@t off a shovel wouldn't you say :lol:
Lol Nope, the 2.4 jtd I had before this was sitting comfortably at 45-50mpg on the same runs i've done in this one :-S

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Have you checked that the battery terminals are securely clamped to the battery (6mm bolts - requiring 10 mm spannner) ? The trip computer will keep resetting if you have a loose connection.
Should be ok but i'll double check, did an ecu reset a week or two back :)

R

·
0 Posts
The only mpg number you can have any confidence in is the one you get from the tank and the mileometer.

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
Disclaimer: The Alfa Romeo on board computer is for entertainment purposes only, and is not intended for use as a diagnosis tool or guide to the vehicle's performance or economy. Any similarity to actual performance/economy is coincidental and unintentional.

It's in the manual...somewhere...probably.

All the best

Pub.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts