Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
704 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone else recieved a leaflet inviting them to a confidential sale event from the 12-14 sept at western alfa in perth and edinburgh??

looks like a good time to buy if anyone is thinking about it?? says you need the leaflet to get the "secret" deals, so if anyone wants my copy give me a p.m. :thumbs:

(shhhh if you use my leaflet and buy an alfa I get a £50 M&S voucher :p :lol: )

S

·
0 Posts
I got one too.

I'm checking whether my eldest has decided about the GT Cloverleaf. I suspect the deals on that won't be that much better than he's already been offered. Worth a try for the M&S voucher though. :)

·
Registered
704 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
says there is secured finance terms, might be worth it just for this :thumbs:

GT cloverleaf mmmmmmmmmmmm

·
Registered
242 Posts
Yep, got one as well. A year early for me, but hopefully they do something similar in 12 months or so.

·
Registered
42,287 Posts
Go for the cheese and wine, were I closer. What, no cheese and wine?:(: Wish I could afford a new Alfa.:(: I would of been interested in that GT that was on ebay for three K, but it just slipped away from my clutches.:(::D

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
Frank I'm not a customer but did recieve a leaflet... If i decide to go along it will be to Perth, to be honest the sales team at Edinburgh never bothered to respond to my last email let alone attempt to price my 525 after having said they would.

I may give Perth a try, if they fail on the service front I reckon I'll be heading to Mango's in Manchester, long drive but to be honest the new car game is all about service and when parting with my hard earned wedge I want a reasonable standard.

p.s. if your sneaky you could have lunch (ok cheese and cordail) on both days between the two dealerships :)

·
Premium Member
13,135 Posts
I may give Perth a try, if they fail on the service front I reckon I'll be heading to Mango's in Manchester, long drive but to be honest the new car game is all about service
Fraser swears by County Motors in Carlisle. That could save you a few hours.. I know what you mean about Edinburgh though. Some of the members have been losing confidence in them latley :(

·
Registered
104 Posts
Fraser swears by County Motors in Carlisle. That could save you a few hours.. I know what you mean about Edinburgh though. Some of the members have been losing confidence in them latley :(
My car was in for service and minor warranty work at Edinburgh yesterday - the car was available for collection at the stated time, cleaned, vacuumed and tyres blacked!
The scheduled courtesy car (147 Collectione?) couldnt be located so I got a nice red 159ti instead!

Dont know if this has anything to do with event but there looked to be half a dozen black 159ti's in carpark on 08 plates

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
Well I popped in to Western in Perth on Saturday morning, spent a little time looking around the various models on show, I must say the GT is still a fabulous option, lovely looking genuine 4 seater (ok tight but doable) sport coupe.

I spoke at length to the General Manager who was keen to allow me space to pretty much ask whatever I wanted, he gave the right answers and never pressured me at any point towards purchasing.

In the end I will be getting a call to go and view a MiTo sometime during October when their static display left hooker arrives, looking forward to that little trip.

I left feeling wanted as a future customer, I even purchased a couple of caps and a 1/43 MiTo which has taken it's place in my little collection :).

Oh I also had a peek at the MD's price list, i'm sure there are good deals to be had there on new and second hand.

We headed off to find Leuchers but decided as we came off the motorway that the low cloud would have made for little or no viewing pleasure at the airshow so headed to knockhill instead.

Almost forgot, the General Manager at Western Perth kindly gifted me the hardback Brera S book which i thought was a nice gesture.

·
Registered
934 Posts
Hi All

I visted Western Perth 2 weeks ago to test drive a 159 SW... I was impressed by all the sales team there, no pressure and seemed genuine. We too a 1.9 for a drive with a sales assistant with us (sorry can't remember his name) but it was a pleasure to be with someone so keen on cars in general, most salesmen seem to have no real interest in cars Alfas heritage etc. We gave the SW a good thrash round the twisty roads, with my Wife (as usual) driving much faster than me... he seemed to love it! and so did the car.

the 1.9 just wasnt quite quick enough for me... so its a 2.4 Diesel, 4x4 and either auto or manual ... have to wait til march however.

Cheers

Stuart

1 - 13 of 13 Posts