Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This car was parked where I work last week for the manufacturer to film it driving round Londons streets and interior filming/interviews. Anyone know what it is and/or why it was made?

It sounded incredible, looked stunning and ill probably never see one ever again :(

·
Registered
14,575 Posts
:lol: :cool:

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
There seems to be literally no rake in the front windscreen. How the hell do you see owt? Periscope??
Good point, I sat in the Lightening GT the other week and thats the final pre-production model and you couldnt see much road ahead. Maybe thats the way forward...:lol:

·
Registered
844 Posts
The car was pretty much designed and built for the Gran Turismo game as thay apparently need to have a 'real' car to get all of the data from. More of a publicity stunt for both I feel. Obviousely it is a Citreon, in Autocar the other week they said that if they can line up 10 - 20 buyers they would make a limited run of them. It looks ok for what it would no doubt cost.

·
Registered
3,801 Posts
Good point, I sat in the Lightening GT the other week and thats the final pre-production model and you couldnt see much road ahead. Maybe thats the way forward...:lol:
It's just as well the roads are getting quieter and people are far more curtious than in the past. :cry:
It must have been hell in the 50's.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
This was in the sun motors section this friday, few pages about it. lucky guy from the sun newspaper got to test drive round london.

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
yeah it's the Citroen concept car developed for Gran Turismo 5 Prologue (?) on the PS3 ... as far as I'm aware the game car came first and they they decided to realise it as a concept for a motorshow (Paris ?)

they're now talking about making a few of them

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I spoke to one of the guys who was with it (he may have said it wrong), he said that it was designed for GT5

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
yeah Gran Turismo for the last couple of versions had these wierd specifically design concept cars ... I think it was GT4 that had the really wierd Nike One concept which was one of these really 'futuristic' things that the Art Students come up with with zero consideration to engineering ... well real world engineering!

·
Registered
17,217 Posts
is was in Citroen's Slough HQ on Saturday - I went and had a look.

Looked great!

·
Registered
26,529 Posts
If it's a Citroen it'll be back at the dealers within a week and suffer worse depreciation than an Alfa ! :lol:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts