1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
41,387 Posts
It's your car at the end of the day but personally i don't like it

S

·
0 Posts
The idea is good, the colours on a silver car, not so much.

Try the hoops in silver. That may work better.

However, if it makes you happy. Crack on.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Cheers for the feedback guys.

I think I'm gonna do it anyway lol. If it looks too bad, I can change it again.

Thought I'd try it as it goes with the interior colour scheme which all started with the standard dials.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Really those teledials I think would look best done with a good original nice shiny silver finish. Having the orange bits in them really stands out as looking like a DIY job and not really in keeping with the design of the car.

maybe if you had some decals or a different paint job it could kind of work better. but on a silver car I dont think this will work. good luck though.

·
Registered
411 Posts
I think you did the right thing. not sure on the orange bolts, might look a bit like they have all rusted. but I cant really see from the pixs.

out of interest how did you spray the alloys, what spray did you use and did you laquer them? what prep did you do before spraying?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Just washed, sanded and sprayed. I used matte black so I've not lacquered them but I will end up changing my mind in a few weeks anyway so it'll be easier to prep next time.

As for the orange bolts, my cousin done that while I was doing the suspension without me knowing. Once one there and in the flesh it looks alright. Much better than the orange teledials. More subtle.

·
Registered
158 Posts
I might well get shot down for this suggestion, but if you fancied something a bit OTT then how about reversing your original colour scheme?

Orange wheels but with the edges of the holes black. I think that to the eye the holes would look very big and there would appear to be less actual wheel.

If only I knew how you use Photoshop.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts