Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,
I'm Thinking on replacing the original speakers in my 155. Ideally I'd like to replace them with Focal components. Does anyone have any information regarding which type/model of Focal will fit intothe front and rear of a 155.

Regards

Dom

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
Hi,

I've been told by the guys around here that the 155 has 100mm component speakers on the dash and 170mm fullrange at the rear...

I hope it helps

All the Best

Sérgio

·
Registered
6,476 Posts
did u replace d speakers in your 33 Sergio? my friend is going to upgrade his stereo system (33) but doesnt want to cut the doors....and i can't see any point in replacing the 87mm or whatever crap speakers are in the dash ;)

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
Pat,

I've fitted some Sony 8,7cm speakers up front (also didn't want to cut the doors) and fitted some 6x9inch Kenwood 200w 3-way speakers at the back ;) I have a simple RDS CD-player Kenwood Head-unit. Sound is pretty good, despite the lack of bass at the front. I would like to fit some 170mm component speakers up-front but haven't found a "clean" way to do it... yet ;)

All the Best

Sérgio

·
Registered
6,476 Posts
just grab a driller and a file and cut those doors! ;)
if you are careful and have some good guidance it will look clean, you should be ok.

http://www.alfa145.com/upload/PICT0001(1).jpg
http://www.alfa145.com/upload/PICT0009(3).jpg

this is what i did to my merc :)o) .. some ppl say it is SIN to have done this to such a car, but I like the way it looks, it looks clean IMO, and the sound is great :) (thanks Jomor ;))

For the 33, I think we will end up just putting good tweeters in the front (maybe in the dash, he will not touch the doors :)() and probably 6x9s in the back, and maybe a sub. I dont really like this setup but I dont see any better choice really ..

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
I'm not too keen in cutting the doors either... as matter of fact I don't even want to think about removing the door panels :D I don't want anymore rattles :D ;)
Maybe a SUB would do the Bass trick... Not sure it's worth the trouble though... I hardly ever hear music loudly these days... My head is just to tired after having to hear loony kids scream all day ;) :D All I want is the Boxer symphony ;) .D

·
Registered
6,476 Posts
don't worry, the rattles will decrease once you open up your doors and re-tighten everything ;) especially if you use some sound-deadening material ;)
but I can understand you point ..... with that boxer music why should you need any more sound? :D :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts