Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
3,898 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so you bought an Alfa-I can't be the only person who has bought one in the last 6 months and has had no problems with mine, jump in, it drives great-gets 42mpg and makes me smile everytime, so just for anybody trawling this site to see what owning an Alfa is about post your good experience here, as they say you will read 10 complaints for every one compliment!

·
Registered
2,900 Posts
Had mine 8 months, and only a dodgy master cylinder about 2 months in, easily replaced, apart from that it runs like a watch!

·
Registered
754 Posts
Had mine almost three years and 21000 miles (not a huge amount I know); so far it's had he's front brakes, one upper wishbone, two front tyres, a battery and a cambelt. All pretty much wear n tear parts. No problems in the cold of the last three winters, no problems with the electrics; starts first time and runs great. And it's black, so when it's clean (which isn't often right now) it looks great.
I'm still as pleased to own it as when I first got it! Brilliant car.

·
Registered
2,527 Posts
They are cracking cars when regularly maintained. 4 years and I've only replaced the power steering pipes, exhaust mounts and tyres. £250 over 4 years is not bad at all (- service bits obv)

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
As Iron Wizard metioned,just general wear n tear parts.done 27,000 miles since I bought her 12 months ago,52,000 miles on the clock.first thing I did was cam belt and serviced by alfa indy and pads done as I was touring Italy.nothing major considering she is 10 years old.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Got a 12 year old 156 recently. A bit of a shed. It looks fantastic, silver with black leather seating. And it really drives well when it is not misfiring.
Once I can afford to get it serviced properly I feel it has a lot of potential.
Warming to it more every time I get behind the wheel.

M

·
0 Posts
She's a black magic woman and she had made a devil out of me.....

But what a way to go :)

·
Registered
38 Posts
Got my 156 JTS (03 Plate) last October, fell in love with her the minute I saw her, Had a service, one bulb and a wiper motor. 67K on the clock and had all the necessary's done before I got her. The best £1500 I've ever spent, I would rather sit in the car instead of my living room.

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
I bought mine just under a year ago and even despite it was a death trap, no history all my fault for rushing a cheap buy but now all fixed has actually never let me down or broke down! I love my first Alfa and I still have seen a better looking car apart from any obvious super cars. Drives like a dream, sounds amazing and I love the interior.

·
Registered
154 Posts
WWhat I like about my 147 GTDm

It looks good
Steering is nicely weighted
Gears are just right, change at over 3k revs and it is still on the turbo for the next one up
Grip is beyond my ability in the dry and a lot of fun in the wet
Handling is always predictable
In ice and snow it won't give up until there isn't enough grip to hold it on the handbrake

When anyone asks I can identify a similar set of negative points but that isn't the point of this thread.

·
Registered
497 Posts
owned mine since october 2010 spend quite easily 2k on her since then and its mot time on thursday :wow: but do i care? ive looked at others cars and :vomit: the only car id change it for would be a v6 GT which i'm hoping to do at the end of the year. :D

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
owned mine since october 2010 spend quite easily 2k on her since then and its mot time on thursday :wow: but do i care? ive looked at others cars and :vomit: the only car id change it for would be a v6 GT which i'm hoping to do at the end of the year. :D
:thumbs:

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
I love my car and fully belive in "objectum sexuality".........no real probs so far other than normal wear and tear!

Though I belive alot of people have just cursed themselves lol

·
Registered
105 Posts
Phase II, GTV 2.0 V6 Turbo, beautiful car, no problem until some ****** T-boned it. :mad:

Phase II, GTV 2.0 TS, did 60k miles in it all over Europe and it never missed a beat. Sold it as the paint was getting tatty and I wanted a 3 litre. Really regret selling that one. :(

Phase II, GTV 3.0. Monster, seriously fast, could take on most things on the Autobahn as it was not limited. ;) Ate a couple of steering racks though, and broke down in the Alps, only a blown fuse (no power to the ECU) but no one seemed to know where it was - my only failures with an Alfa.

Facelift 156SW for a year, over 40k miles, did Geneva Frankfurt every weekend for 2 months. Nice car, faultless.

GT JTD only had it for a week & 1K miles but is a joy to drive and even better to look at.

I compliment my Alfa every time I get into it, there are very few cars on the road to touch them.

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
had mine 5yrs!
done around 30,000miles in those 5yrs.
3rd cambelt change due next year...
I have spent a fair bit on it to be honest but its all maintenance, which is expensive compared to any other marque... :|

But I do really like it and so does anyone who gets in. So I've written off the cost based on this enjoyment. I've not liked/loved driving anything else...

·
Registered
193 Posts
Since I got my 156 in November I have now become obsessed with maintence of her. Before I had an Alfa all I would do with my previous cars would be to put petrol in. It's such an enjoyment taking care of a Alfa Romeo. I am very proud Alfa owner regardless of the costs.

It's as if you own a puppy, you can't not pay for the health and well being of that dog even if it does chew and destroy your kitchen furniture!!

(i think that makes sense )

·
Registered
109 Posts
I've only had my Bella for just over 3 weeks but I'm in love. She's perfect to drive, beautiful to look at and absolutely everyone looks.. Personally, I can see myself driving her for 10 years, and still not want to change car.

I know there will need to be work done for her in the future.. New tyres, Cambelt, etc.. but I know that I'd rather spend that money on her than anything else because of the pleasure and happiness she brings. She is worth it, and I'm sure others would say the same about theirs.. :inlove:

There's only one problem with it.. I haven't got enough time in the week because of work to keep her clean. I wish I had time to clean her every day :lol:

1 - 20 of 40 Posts