Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 40 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
THE launch of Dauntless!

I wonder if he meant to say he'd BEEN to the launch? An that if he'd complained thats what would have happened?

Or can we spot him in this video of the other launch? The launch of daring.

Or is this a new one to be launched soon?

SLB please explain more?
Anything else I can tell you, compadre ? I have posted a lot of info on ship launches in this thread, now.

·
Registered
43,564 Posts
If it helps you, I will send you details of my contacts in BAE Systems who are building plenty of warships. Just email me and I'll let you have their names, titles and email addresses.
Given they're working on defence contracts Steve I don't think that'd be too wise do you !! :rolleyes:

So you're gonna be a 'Diamond Geezer' for the day then eh :confused: :p

I'll get me coat !! :eek:

·
Registered
24,513 Posts
My role is that I know a lot of Ministry of Defence officials and also ex Royal Naval officers. I can't release any more information at the moment since my agent and publisher would go ape****, but I am presently writing a book about a very famous Luftwaffe versus Royal Navy battle in WW2.
Why would a publisher be annoyed if you talked about writing a book about a known, indeed "famous", historical event? :confused: It's not like someone can steal the idea even if they wanted to.

Let us know when it is due out and I'll keep an eye open for it in Waterstones. They say everyone has at least one book in them.;) Good luck with it.

·
Registered
5,002 Posts
I have explained elsewhere in this thread how I got the tickets
Yep, after I posted the question :)

but, really, anyone can get them if they just write to their M.P. It does help, though, if you have a particular vessel launch in mind. If it helps you, I will send you details of my contacts in BAE Systems who are building plenty of warships. Just email me and I'll let you have their names, titles and email addresses.
Thanks, I might take you up on that. I didn't realise it was that eay, I knew a lot of the BAES guys from when I worked on Daring, I'll give them a go :)

V

·
0 Posts
a. This is a rant room, isn't it ?

b. It is because people like me complain, that the World DOESN'T fall apart ! If everyone just rolled over and got screwed, then we'd be living in a pretty poor place, amigo !
You do seem to like complaining though, I seem to remember very recently you told us that you generously offered your services to your local MP, only to send a strongly worded email of complaint to his constituency office when he had the temerity to call on you on a Sunday morning? You could have just rolled over you know...:rolleyes:

D

·
0 Posts
Basically Steve, you come across as slightly mental.

If everything you have ever posted is true, then I really would like to make a TV show about your life. It would be a comedy of course, with the main character being a sort of eccentric moaning old git, sort of like a classier Victor Meldrew.

Do I have consent to make such show? Please tell me I do!

R

·
0 Posts
Basically Steve, you come across as slightly mental.

If everything you have ever posted is true, then I really would like to make a TV show about your life. It would be a comedy of course, with the main character being a sort of eccentric moaning old git, sort of like a classier Victor Meldrew.

Do I have consent to make such show? Please tell me I do!
lol yes you could call it "inside the mind of slb a story of mind over normality, where confusion meets idiocy, sit back and relax as we take you on a journey through the fantasy that is.....Steve lydin brown"

·
Registered
893 Posts
I was actually thinking that SLB could become the presenter of a new Watchdog style programme........................

'Steve's the Man to Sort It Out' :lol: :lol: :lol:

I can just imagine it now, businesses/people will be bending over backwards to avoid him like the plague. However, he could use his multiple cloned identities to find them and solve the isssues.:D :D :D

R

·
0 Posts
I was actually thinking that SLB could become the presenter of a new Watchdog style programme........................

'Steve's the Man to Sort It Out' :lol: :lol: :lol:

I can just imagine it now, businesses/people will be bending over backwards to avoid him like the plague. However, he could use his multiple cloned identities to find them and solve the isssues.:D :D :D
yes thats an idea instead of watchdog it could be called " Brown issues " not everything is black and white sometimes its [email protected] sometimes its Brown

V

·
0 Posts
The trouble with people who complain incessantly is that they are very often very far from being perfect themselves. But they get very good at complaining because they practice a lot :rolleyes: .

·
Premium Member
38,310 Posts
*grabs another bag of popcorn*

·
Registered
893 Posts
The trouble with people who complain incessantly is that they are very often very far from being perfect themselves. But they get very good at complaining because they practice a lot :rolleyes: .

There are times to complain, and times not to. Its a fine line but knowing how to complain effectively is far better than complaining the wrong way.

V

·
0 Posts
That's quite right. But knowing how to complain effectively when there is nothing to really complain about, is a complete pain in the arse!

·
Registered
893 Posts
I'll just watch for now :)
Ant, pass the popcorn please :)

I'm complaing that CG is sitting on the fence.............:) :)

Picks up virtual phone

Hello, is that SLB?? I have a problem :lol: :lol:

21 - 40 of 49 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.