Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. Just wondering if anyone here has the competizione red dash insert in their Mito. If so, what is like to live with? Is it fairly easy on the eye after a while or has it become strain? I know its all down to personal choice but I just wanted to know your thoughts. I think a Mito will be on the cards for next year and I have decided to go for the red in the seats but still undecided on the dash.

Regards
Mark

·
Registered
591 Posts
I have a mito turismo so if i wanted the red seat i had the have the red dash aswell which is brighter than the others. I love it to bits, the grey trims look a little boring, sometimes when the sun shines funny it does reflect the red up on the windscreen but not by much, if you can live with that downfall its definately worth it

·
Registered
47 Posts
I have the competizione red dash (the carbon fibre effect one) in my Lusso Mito. Thought it looked a little less bland than the black and looked good with the graphite grey paint.

I'm very pleased with the choice after 16 months. Still looks great :)

As mentioned, it does reflect on the windscreen in bright sunlight (tho it's more the ridge where the fake carbon fibre meets the plastic fixing under the windscreen (there's probably an industry word for that. Anybody?) that reflects more noticeably than the red material itself).

·
Registered
187 Posts
Hi Mark, haven't posted in a long time until a couple of weeks ago, must catch up on your Sprint Restoration thread.

Above and beyond what Mito01 and hickster have said I would add that you shouldn't be put off by the reflection, I have the black Competizione in my Veloce and it also gives a reflection in the windscreen, I love the look of it and had originally ordered the red dash but later accepted a cancellation which came with a black jobbie, just wanted to let you know,

take care,
J.

·
Registered
19,680 Posts
I have the red dash and I prefer it over black, which, to me, looks bland and uninteresting. Remeber, with the red dash you also get red door inserts; it really brightens up the interior. Everyone who has been in the car comments on how good the red looks.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the comments:thumbs: The reason I was looking at the red dash is due to the fact that my old mk3 Fiesta had a grey dash, the 147 has a grey dash and so does the Sprint. I just want something different and as Fraser says, it has the red door inserts as well which I do really like. I really need to see one in the flesh first but I think my mind is made up:cool: Thanks again.

@Bridder. Long time no speak. The Sprint is back on the road. I've got few pics of it in this thread http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/meets-and-events-images/283563-bls-automotive-aroc-ao-meet.html next to Kevjtd's S3 Sud TI.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Here is a picture of my dash and door card i took the day i got her, looks really red in the pictures, I'm glad those universal mats were gone within the week lol

Attachments

·
Registered
2,471 Posts
They seam to be shipping some Mito's with red stiching around the steering wheel and hand brake handle in Italy now! I dont know whether thats just with the red seats, worth an ask at the dealer i think, cus that looks nice. :)

·
Registered
591 Posts
Yeah sorry its not the competizione Dash its the red dash from the turismo

·
AO Silver Member
2,073 Posts
Argh - the sprint red looks really bright :eek:

I have the competizione dash in mine and I love it - as others have said it does reflect on the windscreen but no more than the dash of our other cars - I have recently got some polaroid sunspecs and they totally eliminate all reflection which I was amazed at :D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts