Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Drop in and speak to Richard at Avanti Spares on the northside. (88 Toombul Road, Northgate). He's a really good bloke and is really helpful. He's helped out in my restoration of my 33 over the past year or so and has never let me down. His phone number is : 3266 6623..
Tell him John with the 33 sent you :)

Note: I don't work for this company or anything, so hopefully it doesn't sound like a blatant plug for them :p

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the advice John, much appreciated.

Fortunately my GTV is back on the road now but I was getting worried when the mechanic tried to tell me he thought the ECU needed replacing!! The standard response when they haven't got a clue....

·
Registered
640 Posts
Hi guys - sorry to dig up an old thread...

I know Avanti are held in high regard, but what are they like with modern Alfas (particularly Selespeed models)? Any testimonials would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers.

P

·
0 Posts
Hi guys - sorry to dig up an old thread...

I know Avanti are held in high regard, but what are they like with modern Alfas (particularly Selespeed models)? Any testimonials would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers.
Richard is a good bloke in my view but when I stopped at his place to pick up a part for my brother's GTV a couple of weeks ago he told me that mine was the first GT V6 he had even seen, so I gather he hasn't done much work on the newer cars. He didn't even bother having a closer look. I guess he doesn't have much respect for the newer stuff. Prior to getting my GT earlier this year I did see them working on a 156 (or is that 155), 2.5 V6 auto, and he said he preferred that car to any of the more modern ones. Less problems he reckoned. They aren't Selespeed I presume.

Just ring him. He won't bite. I doubt he'll dodge any of your questions. Quite frankly I don't think there are too many Alfa mechanics left in town so there's not much choice.

·
Registered
640 Posts
Thanks very much mate. I will definitely call them, I was just looking for a '3rd party' opinion first.

A friend had his 1750GTV race car prepared there and raves about them, but I am just a bit concerned about their experience with Selespeed. (particularly as mine has done nearly 150,000km)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Yeah this is good information i was in searching for this type informaiotn meterial because i am also a mechanic and dealing moslty in petrol cars in Brisbane anyways thanks for this informative meterial have a nice day

Read More

1 - 7 of 7 Posts