Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a bit of a dilemma folks...as i'm due to be getting a company car soon i've got to sell my bella - see it on the Alfa's for sale forum...2004 FACELIFT 1.8 VELOCE - LIPARI GREY...nudge, nudge...

Anyway the options i'm looking into are the 147 or a BMW 1-SERIES (sorry to swear!) - anyone had experience of either or share any comparison notes.
Obviously the 147 is the stunner, the BMW not so much but i hear the 07 models are more than they appear on the outside.

Cheers
DSNOTTS.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Got a bit of a dilemma folks...as i'm due to be getting a company car soon i've got to sell my bella - see it on the Alfa's for sale forum...2004 FACELIFT 1.8 VELOCE - LIPARI GREY...nudge, nudge...

Anyway the options i'm looking into are the 147 or a BMW 1-SERIES (sorry to swear!) - anyone had experience of either or share any comparison notes.
Obviously the 147 is the stunner, the BMW not so much but i hear the 07 models are more than they appear on the outside.

Cheers
DSNOTTS.
The 147, free motoring and if it brakes they fix it. That way you still get to enjoy being an alfa nut.

·
Registered
181 Posts

Cheers
DSNOTTS.
Crazy double post......

·
Registered
754 Posts
147, Not only is it nicer, it is also far.... FAR more comfortable. And as it is a company vehicle, any reliability issues will be taken care of for you. Are you sure its a 1.8 147!? I'm sure they are only available in 1.6, 1.9 Diesel and 2.0 form!

·
Registered
25,673 Posts
To be fair the BMW is probably a better car, although on recent inspection the interiors are a little plasticy. It depends on what you like, go sit in them both, have a drive. Buy what feels right, go with your gut and enjoy whichever one you choose :)

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
I'd definitely check out the spec of both as well, the 1-series might just be the better car to drive but the 147 will be a much nicer cabin to spend time in, and I reckon it'll have lots more toys.

Will they let you have a 147 Collezione? I can't imagine any 1-series being as nice as that.

·
Registered
216 Posts
You've kind of come to the wrong place for an unbiased opinion. I guess it depends on your budget. The Alfa will have more luxuries than the BMW for the same £.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Driven both a lot as we have them on the fleet.

147 for me every time.

Actually the 1 series we have on the fleet have broken quite a lot!!

·
AO Car Of The Year Winner 2015
3,202 Posts
I hate to admit it, but BMW is better car. Especialy the new BMW 2,0 petrol engine is far far superior than Alfa and sounds very nice as well. Alfa is nicer and more practical, but there are not many more arguments in her favor.

BMW 120i - 170PS - 210Nm - 7,7s - 222km/h - 6,4l/100km - 152g CO2
147 2,0TS - 150PS - 181Nm - 9,3s - 208km/h - 8,9l/100km - 211g CO2

·
Registered
32,440 Posts
Alfa it has to be - just look at them - a 147 vs. a banana? :)

I know technically the Bm is better but do you want it - really want it.

I had a 147 and loved it not the quickest or the best heandling car in its class but very good and it is an Alfa - heart vs. head decision but it is up to you.

Like cj romeo said drive them and then decide

Good luck :)

·
Registered
37,755 Posts
I agree, technically the BMW may be a very good car but it is god damn awfully ugly as well as being soul-less.

·
Registered
42,287 Posts
Sat in the Beemer, didn't drive it, the 147 just feels,looks better inside IMHO.As you have the opportunity to drive both, you can make the comparision. Has to be the Alfa's interior though:)

·
Registered
424 Posts
Bit of a no brainer really, one is an elegant Italian and the other is the only car that rivals the Porsche Cayenne for the ugliest car on the planet award.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts