Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,
Ive not posted for a couple of weeks, my computer has been up the Creek. Car is on the road now, all discs and pads fitted with braided hoses, The brakes are pretty good!!

I want to get my stero sounding something decent now, I was wondering if any of you can recomend some component speakers, to slot into the existing cutouts in the dash adn rear shelf.

I already have an alpine headunit, Do any of you guys have any model numbers for these speakers.
I would like Alpine speakers if they are avaiable.

Regards

Dom

·
Registered
649 Posts
Hi Dom, I got soome Rockford Fosgate speakers for the rear shelf, the main drivers sit where the standard speakers go, and I fitted the tweeters into the rear shelf, if you know you are going to keep them, it can be made to look pretty professional.
Go and take a listen to a few sets of speakers, mine are only run down to 80Hz due to the Sub so bass wasn't a priority for me. Oh and I've gone off Alpine , since they moved production from Japan to China quality control has been pretty poor.

Steve

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hi dom i fitted a pair of pioneer ts 1776 (i will check the box when i get home) to the rear shelf into the existing opening cost £80. hope this helps.
cheers

·
Registered
715 Posts
I've got Infinity Kappa components with Tweeters and crossover in the dash and have some MDF mounts in the doors for the mids. I have a Rockford amp in the boot for the components and a Jetsound cheapy one for the Alpine 10" Sub. The sound quality is really good with an Alpine 7535R head unit and 610 changer. A little old now, but it is still neat. Thinking of a new head unit. I fancy Alpine, but I want to pay about £250 for something that will play MP3 CD's too. Any ideas?

P.S. I have a spare parcel shelf with blinds if anyone is really keen to add some decent speakers!

·
Registered
550 Posts
Hi there Henry
Could you post a photo of your door´s mounted mids I don´t know how to fit them in my doors without much trouble.

Thanks in advance
Jorge

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi guys,
Thanks for your replies, I dont fancy doint any cutting, for obvious reasons. My Alpine head unit is getting on a bit now, but the sound quality is still good, Just the speakers letting it down thats all.

Dom

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Empire Direct do a Sony unit that plays MP3 for about £150.

I bought a Pioneer MP3 unit in Singapore for £160 (not that it helps you though). In Halfords they are £370!!

Do check out Empire Direct as they are a good reputable online store.

wink

·
Administrator
8,045 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
If anyone fancies 'practicing' chopping up the rear shelf for speakers, or wants an original to replace one that's modified, I'll happily sell you one....Tim

O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Focal!! The only ones I can find that will fit under the front covers due to all the Jap speakers sittin up too high. They sound nice too!!! :cool:

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
alfaowner:
BTW - we have made a small picture guide to show you where your speakers go and what you would need to order! wink

Check it out in the Speaker section!
dang it dude.. ya beat me to it ;P lol

J

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
hi chaps im just starting my install ive got focal focal 130 k's for the doors dont know where to put the tweeters yet they slot in the dash tweeter port perfect but dont know and then there is the crossovers then ive got focal165 hc's currentlly in the rear shelf . im gonna mount my gennesis compact four in boot some where and aquire 2 focal 11" subs all going well . ive got a large kenwood amp for subs but will upgrade in time ,still lookin for a better head unit though, curvature £160 eh not bad mate. anybody soundproofed their car and what did you use trying to get hold of some dynamat extreme but only halfords sell it by me for silly prices

·
Registered
1,773 Posts
Reference the Alpine components speakers - I have just ordered some Alpine SXE-1750S component speakers to replace the rubbish that came with my GT. These speakers are a drop in replacement for the standard speakers and require no mods to the car (they should fit the 147 & 156 aswell). They are rated at 280 watt (45 watt RMS).

1 - 20 of 20 Posts