Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On the 15th May I shall be coming to Belfast to watch the fight for the Commonwealth Heavyweight Title.

My good mate Sam Sexton wil be fighting Martin Rogan in his hometown and wondered if any of you Irish lads are likely to be there?

There's a few of us Norwich Lads turning up for what by the sounds of it should be a hell of a battle.:thumbs:

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
... if ever there was a worrying thread title... "coming to Belfast for a Fight"....:cheese: :cheese:

Won't be there but there are plenty of good pubs. Enjoy yerself:thumbs:

·
Registered
2,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Perhaps it should have been "for the fight":eek: :lol:

Now very likely to have to be working.:(
But if I can go I will as I've got the ticket.
And will definately be trying the pubs out if I do:thumbs:

S

·
0 Posts
If you're coming for a fight, you could stand outside Weatherspoons about 1am :lol:

Where abouts is the boxing match? If it's in the Ulster Hall, the likes of Bar Bacca, Morrisons, Katy Dalys are nearby for a decent booze.

It it's in the Odyssey, you chould nip round the Cathedral Quarter, the likes of the Duke of York for a few cheeky ones then nip across the bridge.

·
Registered
2,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Tomorrow night:cool:

Live on Sky Sports.

But, I will be there:)

Hopefully watching Sam become Commonwealth Heavyweight Champion:thumbs:

·
Registered
2,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I bet you've got a crackin hangover this morning mate. Well done to your mate Sam Sexton :thumbs up:
Oh yes, mate. Had a few. Only just home:D

Was a great fight. Had everything and a great result:thumbs:
Martin Rogan was a very tough bloke and a very worthy Champion.

Now Sam's the Champion of the Commonwealth. I've told him to have his first defence in the Bahamas:D

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Glad you had a good time. But in truth sexton got a bit lucky. But a win is a win. :)

·
Registered
2,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Glad you had a good time. But in truth sexton got a bit lucky. But a win is a win. :)
Don't get me wrong. In the last minute of the fight I was a very worried man.:eek:
But, if Sam proved anything last night. It was that he is an intelligent fighter and can take a very good punch. Also such fast hands for a heavyweight.

I also felt for Rogan. Not the best way to loose a fight. Saying that though, it was Sam that done the damage to his eye.

He is my Friends Son and my mate before anything else, then a Champion after that. As I've always told him. I will never mind if he comes out of that ring a winner or a galant loser as long as he comes out of it safely.:)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts