Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Previous Brera and Giuluetta 170 MA owner here. I've had a few other cars but now find myself without a car and looking at Alfas again.

My current situation is that I'm after something under 5k, I want to take it on the odd track day but it also needs to be economical for summer business travel!

2 candidates so far:

Giulietta cloverleaf with high miles: great car but terrible MPG.

Mito cloverleaf: excellent economy, good performance, MA unit makes me very paranoid as the spectre of dropping 1k to repair it one day fills me with dread.

I did consider abarth grande punto but the chocolate gearboxes make me feel similar to the MA ... plus performance and looks are not as good.

Help me decide please :D

·
Registered
33,664 Posts
There’s no need to worry about multiair failure on a later than 2011 car, in my opinion. The Abarth GPunto I drove as a loancar years ago just felt old, and it wasn’t.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Did they have the updated unit post 2011? Most of the ones I'm looking at are 2010 been 40k and 75k miles.

·
Registered
33,664 Posts
Those cars that had failures that are now ten years old will no doubt have had a replacement by now?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Makes sense although my research shows a lot of these units fail at random mileage. Obviously if I go for one will be looking for b something very well maintained

·
Registered
33,664 Posts
I was just talking to Armoore ,the AO expert on Giulietta tailgate wiring repairs, and he was saying his daughter’s MA is so much nicer than his 2.0 Diesel to drive.

·
Registered
321 Posts
I was just talking to Armoore ,the AO expert on Giulietta tailgate wiring repairs, and he was saying his daughter’s MA is so much nicer than his 2.0 Diesel to drive.
I've had both and I'd absolutely agree.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts