Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Insurance renewal arrived from "Elephant" - £227 FC protected.

Comparisson quote (Tesco Compare) - £172 CF protected, from Admiral; who are the same people as Elephant.

I ring Elephant who immediately match it but refuse to beat the quote. Out of "spite" I decline Elephant and sign up with Admiral ironically who i was with before Elephant.

Unbeleivabale, but as long as they go undercutting each other year after year, that's fine by me.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
When you have 17 years NCB and are over 40 it's quite easy with a 7 yr old 145.

·
Registered
14,575 Posts
Wish I could be insured for under £200! :eek: :wow:
Me to! Mine came in at £720 with Privilege (6 PNCB) then about a month ago I told them about my Q2 and Auto Delta pipe and that cost me another £170. Getting 3 points on my licence that WAS clean dont no how nuch that is going to add just sent my licence off this morning:cry:

·
Registered
926 Posts
HAGGLE,HAGGLE,HAGGLE.I got my renewal from Elephant last week,wanted £560!!Igot several other quotes,the lowest being £345.95.Phoned Elephant to tell them I wouldn't be renewing,and they kept improvimg thier price.Eventually got it for £387.16,including full years breakdown cover,windscreen cover,courtesy car,european cover(for hols)protected no claims etc!For a 147 GTA!When I bought the car I had budgeted £500 for insurance,so now I'm well happy.Considering I live in Northern Ireland where insurance is notoriously expensive because injury claims usually result in much higher settlements than on mainland UK.Don't forget HAGGLE,HAGGLE,HAGGLE!!!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Rarely. If the to companies are part of the same group as above, yes but otherwise there will always be some difference...

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
is the cover always strictly comparable though? genuine question.
Yes - like for like.

£250 xs, FC protected, legal protection, personal injury cover, guaranteed courtesy car, repairs guaranteed for 3 yrs; same company, same policy - different name.

Just checked the lot.

·
AO Traders
592 Posts
Me to! Mine came in at £720 with Privilege (6 PNCB) then about a month ago I told them about my Q2 and Auto Delta pipe and that cost me another £170. Getting 3 points on my licence that WAS clean dont no how nuch that is going to add just sent my licence off this morning:cry:
Depend's on what the points were for but most insurers will not load for the first SP30 etc as they are quite common now.
Dan.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts