Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for some decent comfortable suspension for the gqv. Most accounts say the ride is a bit hard. Any feedback on what will give a more comfy ride?

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
Do we have a fantasist amongst us??

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Lol ive driven one and it was a bit hard. It was four years old so dont know if that makes a difference

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Only a nutter would soften the suspension on a QV, they're supposed to be like that, enjoy it, if not get yourself a Lusso..............

·
Registered
477 Posts
I have the Novatec springs on mine now & its alot harder than it was with the factory springs, but to me it feels awsome now, no roll or nose diveing any more, feels like a proper sports car now. Firmer is better for the QV.

·
Registered
131 Posts
If you think the suspension on the GQV is hard or harsh, then you should be a passenger in a mini countryman, my freind has the top of the range diesel model and to be honest its such a bad ride, hard and noisy. As mentioned above, if you want comfort go for the Lusso.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Looking for some decent comfortable suspension for the gqv. Most accounts say the ride is a bit hard. Any feedback on what will give a more comfy ride?
Remap and new exhaust - I'm with you so far. Fast road cams, you are starting to lose me there. But comfy suspension :confused:

I think your forum name might contain a clue!

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Basically using the forum to work out whats best for when i get my QV. mods i mean. Ive only come from a clio do to be honest going into the conversation a bit naive really. If you all think im mad for wanting comfortable suspension so be it. I know sports cars are supposed to be a certain way but at the end of the day its my car which i drive everyday!! Wasnt particularly thinking of lowering the car or changing suspension as it is really expensive to do properly plus the speed bumps will crucify the underneath of the qv as it does on the mito.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Def going for remap and exhaust though. The comfy thing was for the wife as im selling the car to her as a fast comfortable ride. As long as its better than my clio ill be fine lol

·
Registered
4,932 Posts
The Giulietta will be more comfortable than a clio yes. especially if you go with a lter model (2012+)

·
Registered
240 Posts
I wouldn't offer my wife a "fast comfortable ride"...I don't know what she would get up to!

I don't find the GQV too firm personally. In fact after a turbo back exhaust and possibly remap (or maybe keep the tuning box), lowering a little and making the suspension a little firmer will be on my list, whether I ever get round to it I am not sure.

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
I'm partly with Sinistah. I want to alter the GQV a little. Get better control at higher speeds and when leaning into a corner but still have a good ride for the times when the family are in the car. I'm wondering about leaving the springs stock but adding better dampers? I'm not really bothered about lowering the car. The LE I saw in the showroom was significantly lower than the other models, certainly more than 10mm.

·
Registered
435 Posts
I'm partly with Sinistah. I want to alter the GQV a little. Get better control at higher speeds and when leaning into a corner but still have a good ride for the times when the family are in the car. I'm wondering about leaving the springs stock but adding better dampers? I'm not really bothered about lowering the car. The LE I saw in the showroom was significantly lower than the other models, certainly more than 10mm.
The LE shouldn't be any different than the other QVs, 10mm at the back and 15mm at the front.

However the black side skirts, front and rear bumper and also the dark grey wheels may create that illusion.

(Unless that particular LE showroom model had aftermarket springs, etc or zip tied springs like some do for motor shows).

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Living in london can be difficult with all the speed bumps out there. There was a thread about g's scuffing the bottom and i know if i lower the car any more than stock i cant take certain routes which is ridiculous. Im not driving a lambo

1 - 20 of 32 Posts