Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been a while since ive used RR but here goes (go put the kettle on). Ordered my daughter an e-reader from Comet online for her birthday everything was straight forward and was told that it would be delivered the Wednesday before her birthday (Saturday). Wednesday came and a Parcel Force truck went past my house, so I waited in the garden presuming he was trying to find me, only for him to drive past 5 minutes later. No more deliveries that day. Called Comet that night to inquire why the item had not been delivered and was told that there had been an "attempted delivery" at 13.05. I then told the guy that in order for the driver to attempt delivery he would have had to stop, and that he would have surely left a card to say that he had failed in his attempt to deliver. The chap apologized and agreed to deliver again on Thursday. Taking nothing to chance I called them again Thursday morning to check that the item was on its way as I was unable to track it through their website. New Comet chap tells me that he has no record of re-delivery. "Wonderful":)mad:) says I "when can I expect it then?" "Saturday" he says, "no good" says I. I then asked new Comet bloke where the item is, he checks and says that it is still at Parcel force depot, but that he has one at a store close to me should I wish to pick it up. I tell him that it sort of defies the reason to buy on line as my nearest store involves a 60 mile round trip. I then ask about the location of the store he was talking about that had one in stock, "Enfield" says he, "that's 140 miles away from me" says I. He then arranges for ME to collect from my local Parcel Force as he cannot guarantee Friday delivery. "Wonderful":)mad:) thinks I
Collect item (60 mile round trip) on Friday cos I love my kids and will do anything to avoid them being disappointed
Daughter opens her e-reader with great excitement only to find that it does not work! (use this opportunity to make more tea)
Call Comet again, keep in mind that theses calls are charged at 10p per minute, I am advised that I should return it to my "nearest" store, "Wonderful" :)mad:) says I looking at the disappointment on my daughters face and put down the phone. I then go online to check availability, only to find that this service is currently unavailable!!
Once again I call Comet, New Comet person tells me that they have none in stock but are expecting a delivery on Thursday to my area. "Wonderful":)cry:)
At this point I feel that it is appropriate to say that I had remained calm throughout this whole dilemma as I do not blame the person on the end of the phone.
Thursday came, so off I went............only to be told that my local Comet did not stock and have never stocked the item that I wished to exchange, "Wonderful":)mad:) I said "what now?" I was then advised to call Comet direct "that will make a change" says I and then asked if she could do this on my behalf as we both seemed to be standing in Comet!! "Computer says no"
Return home after 60 mile wasted round trip and am less than pleased. Call Comet again and explain my ordeal. New Comet lady is very sympathetic and arranges for old one to be picked up and new one delivered and gives specific time. I then ask to be referred to the Complaints department and deliver my tale of woe.
The day comes and item is delivered, all is well for all of 10 minutes until it goes wrong again. "Wonderful":)mad::cry::mad:) thinks I through gritted teeth. Back on the phone again arrange another collection drop off and re-register next stage of complaint.
New one has arrived and touch wood seems ok. I have yet to receive any formal acknowledgement from Comet and reckon that if i accumulated the cost of the petrol, calls to Comet plus the time wasted I could have bought my daughter the upgraded version.
Thank you all for listening I feel so much better, have another cuppa:thumbs:

·
Banned
112 Posts
To be honest, lifes too short to read all that, but I get the gist that you ain't happy with Comet. I think a lot of people would agree.

I use Curry's now; last time I went in on a Saturday to buy a washing maching; not only did they deliver it the next day on a Sunday, they also gave me a choice of 2 hour delivery time slots - impressed :thumbs:

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
To be honest, lifes too short to read all that, but I get the gist that you ain't happy with Comet. I think a lot of people would agree.

I use Curry's now; last time I went in on a Saturday to buy a washing maching; not only did they deliver it the next day on a Sunday, they also gave me a choice of 2 hour delivery time slots - impressed :thumbs:
Yeah, sorry its a bit long but think of it as therapy!!!(for me) Curry's sounds like a better option, probably get nicked for slander next!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts