Alfa Romeo Forum banner

81 - 100 of 111 Posts

·
Registered
13,054 Posts
Did I mention Friday night dinner? It's shown on channel four, on, erm, Fridays.
Pretty goofy but quite funny.

·
Registered
11,470 Posts
Did I mention Friday night dinner? It's shown on channel four, on, erm, Fridays.
Pretty goofy but quite funny.
Yes you did - so did I. But it's worth repeating(y)

The latest series is excellent so far - I'm just about to watch last night's episode.
And there are SIX SERIES available on All 4 for all you lucky people

·
Registered
7,367 Posts
Another vote for Friday Night Dinner here.
I watched the last 2 episodes of the series last night. Just silly late night Great British comedy that seems perfect for that time slot on a Friday night.
I've been watching it since the first series.
I feel as though I should be way too old to enjoy it (I'm 50), but had a conversation with my brother about it (he's 53) and he's watched every single episode as well and loves it. Probably something to do with the brotherly-rivalry in the family home in our younger days...

·
Registered
13,054 Posts
And as ever in these things, the characters are all a bit overexaggerated, for instance the cluelessness of Martin, the Dad and Jim the next door neighbour.

·
Registered
9,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #85
Does Ricky Gervais "Afterlife" series 2 count?
We watched all 6 episodes tonight.
Gervais is a marmite character....but thoroughly enjoyed both series.
I suspect that Gervais plays jerks so well because he is one. Can't stand him in anything.

·
Administrator
23,044 Posts
I am halfway through all the 11 series of My Family - I had forgotten how much I enjoyed it.

I am also a fan of Curb Your Enthusiasm and just about to finish series 10. When done well American comedy is as good as anything "we" do.

·
Administrator
45,547 Posts
Was that the weird BBC sit-com featuring a family moving into a house which had a middle aged female Jewish ghost who became part of the family with hilarious results?

If not, then no.

Actually, what was that called? Oy vey!

·
Registered
Mercedes Benz 190E
17,760 Posts
It may be an acquired taste, but People Just Do Nothing had its moments

·
Registered
Mercedes Benz 190E
17,760 Posts
i quite enjoyed Peep Show, too.