Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Getting closer to selling up and buying a G (decided on a 1.4 170 Veloce) - approx 2012 with less than 30k on the clock.

Now to colour choice, what are owners views on the "best colour options"

I have always liked black cars and think the G looks excellent in black from the front but loses the aggressive look of the rear valance in black.

I do fancy a different colour for once and if I went for white / red / silver would very probably go for dark alloys and a high quality dark roof panel wrap to give it a sporting look.

Any one any comments about what is good or bad with the current Alfa colour range when applied to a G?

(getting excited now).

·
Registered
8 Posts
Getting closer to selling up and buying a G (decided on a 1.4 170 Veloce) - approx 2012 with less than 30k on the clock.

I have always liked black cars and think the G looks excellent in black from the front but loses the aggressive look of the rear valance in black.

I do fancy a different colour for once and if I went for white / red / silver would very probably go for dark alloys and a high quality dark roof panel wrap to give it a sporting look.

Any one any comments about what is good or bad with the current Alfa colour range when applied to a G?

(getting excited now).
I had a black collezione, it looked great the day I washed it and polished. Next day it would look dirty again, especially bad in winter. I also worried about washing it in places I haven't tried previously... Paint condition on a 14 month old car looked worse than on my 15 year old 145qv. Two months ago i have swapped it for a white QV and don't regret it. Much easier colour to live with .

Attachments

·
Registered
276 Posts
I have always disliked white cars but like the G in white. They look best in red and worst in grey (in my opinion!!) I also think black hides some.of the lines which white and red bring out.

Can't go too wrong though!

·
Registered
37,747 Posts
Personally I like bright Red and Black.

Grey looks a bit dull and boring, same with Silver where as white reminds of a kitchen appliance and it likely to go out of fashion and make the car depreciate more rapidly than cars in other colours.

My cars red is ok, but I would have prefereed in it a lighter shade.

Plus point is that it doesn't show the dirt too much.

·
Registered
Maserati Quattroporte
1,764 Posts
I went for the Magnesio Grey with black panoramic sunroof. Only because I spotted one in the flesh and it looked superb. Then when I went to order mine I asked the dealer if I could have a look at a Magnesio grey one and out of about 30 used and new cars they didn't have one in! Dealer said its a pretty rare colour so that immediately made my mind up I had to have one.

Already had red and black Alfa's in the past.

·
Registered
4,875 Posts
I went for the Magnesio Grey with black panoramic sunroof. Only because I spotted one in the flesh and it looked superb. Then when I went to order mine I asked the dealer if I could have a look at a Magnesio grey one and out of about 30 used and new cars they didn't have one in! Dealer said its a pretty rare colour so that immediately made my mind up I had to have one.

I also have the Magnesio Grey and believe it suits the Giulietta very well. But as a previous poster has said it is all a matter of opinion and, to advise the OP, the best colour is the one you like more than any other.

·
Registered
405 Posts

(getting excited now).
I prefer white as it highlights the strong contrast of the black front grills. We have been told by friends that it looks great when it looms into their mirrors :biglaugh:

·
Registered
975 Posts
Alfa Rosso all the way! IMHO it looks very good on the G, particularly with the dark grey turbines and darkened glass (check my avatar! :thumbup: )

·
Registered
774 Posts
IMO Black does not show the lines up enough, I like any red and white. But mines Anthracite and I love it!

There you go, personal choice.

:thumbup:

·
Registered
3,731 Posts
The 8c red is striking! Reds always make Alfas stand out. (Con: expensive to repair if scratched)
The standard red looks good too. (Disadvantage of red: swirls easily noticeable)

Mine's white. Alfas also look great in white as long as you ensure its always waxed to bring out the best possible shine. Add a few dark contrasts - wheels, grill slats, spoiler etc and it will stand out. (Advantage of white: hides swirls and small scratches) Red leather complements the white perfectly.

I think black looks superb if it's constantly given that highly waxed finish. Striking silver wheels would provide a great contrast.
(Con: if not detailed and cleaned regularly, swirls and scratches are an eyesore)

Silver in my opinion takes away the unique lines of the G.

Magnesia grey: makes a bold strong statement. Again with custom contrasts, it can look even better. Red interior complements it.

Choose the 'best' colour you prefer and then do a little, tasteful customising to make it look even better.

If I had to choose again: either the rosso red or metallic black.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Just got my Magnesio Grey TCT. Looks great IMHO. Same grey/tan I had on a GTV. Had Red/Black/Green (and one bad mistake a brown) Alfa's. Just love Alfa's. :thumbup:

·
Registered
3,731 Posts
Just got my Magnesio Grey TCT. Looks great IMHO. Same grey/tan I had on a GTV. Had Red/Black/Green (and one bad mistake a brown) Alfa's. Just love Alfa's. :thumbup:
Congrats, Mash! How about some pics?

I just love Alfas too!!!

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Just got my Magnesio Grey TCT. Looks great IMHO. Same grey/tan I had on a GTV. Had Red/Black/Green (and one bad mistake a brown) Alfa's. Just love Alfa's. :thumb up:

I quite like the grey too - thing is if its got the "correct" coloured alloys, mirrors, interiors etc most colours work really well with the beautiful lines of the G.

In fact the only colour I am not sold on is the blue.

·
Registered
3,731 Posts
I think the blue would look great. Haven't seen one in reality.

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
This is a tricky subject, getting the colour right is so important

My current G (Sportiva) is white, with red leather and dark turbine wheels. Its a Company Car and due to change in March 2016 and I'm already sold on the idea of having another alfa. It will be in QV Line spec (150 BHP JTDM) and will have BOSE, no leather as it's now a costed option and not standard (Heart my spend this money on the 170 with TCT). That's the easy stuff sorted!

Colour is tricky and as mentioned before does come down to personal taste a lot. I'm thinking

Black (Not the Etna Black, too much red/bronze sparkle for me). I like the black paint, wheels and seats. The bits of red brakes/lights and stitching and chrome bits break it up nicely.
Magnesio Grey. I like at lot
White Again. (Fancy a change perhaps)
Alfa Red (OK but the red paint, brakes and rear lights are all slightly different shades so looks a bit "messy")

Definate No's to silver, luna pearl, cobalto blue

I'll probaly have changed my mind by the time I order it, but thats just life!

Maybe we should organise a meeting of all different coloured cars so we can see what the paints really look like outside rather than in a dealers or on the configurator!

Julian

·
Registered
3,731 Posts
Metallic black, red leather, gunmetal grey prodrive wheels.

·
Registered
951 Posts

I went for the Mag grey too. With the dark turbine diamond cut wheels it looks very classy. Also not as common as the black, white and red ones as I wanted to look a bit different. Very easy colour to keep clean.

·
Registered
102 Posts
The 8c red is striking! Reds always make Alfas stand out. (Con: expensive to repair if scratched)
The standard red looks good too. (Disadvantage of red: swirls easily noticeable)

Mine's white. Alfas also look great in white as long as you ensure its always waxed to bring out the best possible shine. Add a few dark contrasts - wheels, grill slats, spoiler etc and it will stand out. (Advantage of white: hides swirls and small scratches) Red leather complements the white perfectly.

I think black looks superb if it's constantly given that highly waxed finish. Striking silver wheels would provide a great contrast.
(Con: if not detailed and cleaned regularly, swirls and scratches are an eyesore)

Silver in my opinion takes away the unique lines of the G.

Magnesia grey: makes a bold strong statement. Again with custom contrasts, it can look even better. Red interior complements it.

Choose the 'best' colour you prefer and then do a little, tasteful customising to make it look even better.

If I had to choose again: either the rosso red or metallic black.
Love my magnesio grey GQV with the red Brembo's visible through the turbine alloys & the green cloverleafs on either wing, the colour is neither too dark nor too light which beautifully enhances the Giulietta's sculptured lines

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
I love my metallic silver Alfa with it's contrasting black panoramic sunroof although part of the attraction is that silver is comparatively rare.

Hate black cars because they're so impractical in summer (and soon go cold in winter) although Etna is certainly interesting with the pick speckles within the paint.

Originally I would have been happy with White or Red but beginning to find White increasingly common and consequently rather bland too.

Must admit some of the reds are really nice - and no offence to anyone :byebye:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts