Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finished colour coding my grills and mirrors today.

Mirrors are Alfa Red on top with satin black underneath.

Grills are Alfa Red with chrome inner triangle - for that 8C look. :D

Doing the sills, bumper lumps and the Tuesday's accident damage :mad: tomorrow.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,646 Posts
mirrors = :thumbs:

grill = need more time to decide.

clean looking motor :)

·
Registered
12,881 Posts
mirrors = :thumbs:

grill = need more time to decide.

clean looking motor :)

+1 ... (although you need to GTA your lights and get a proper set of alloys :thumbs:)

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cheers chaps! :)

This is what it looked like last Wednesday morning after a stone wall pulled out in front of me... :p

Everything popped back into place (more or less), apart from the lower grill, which snapped. Funny thing was, it kicked me up the bum to finish off the colour coding. I'd been driving round with the grills and mirrors in red primer for about three weeks!

Attachments

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
+1 ... (although you need to GTA your lights and get a proper set of alloys :thumbs:)
MOMO Thunders will be on by Monday night :D

Tyres are currently stinking my flat out. All my clothes smell of rubber lol!

GTA light mod is high on my list of things to do, along with coilovers, exhaust and maybe some big brakes.

Want to spray the middle section of the roof gloss black too...

·
Registered
12,881 Posts
MOMO Thunders will be on by Monday night :D

Tyres are currently stinking my flat out. All my clothes smell of rubber lol!

GTA light mod is high on my list of things to do, along with coilovers, exhaust and maybe some big brakes.

Want to spray the middle section of the roof gloss black too...
Excellent :thumbs: ... some side skirts might be worth getting too then (also might be worthwhile investing in some more driving lessons :p)

·
Registered
15,637 Posts
No. the red dosent look the same as the rest of the car, mirrors should be either color coded the same or left well alone, not half and half. Grille should be left alone also.

·
Registered
12,881 Posts
I actually like the mirrors, but the grill, that's defo a no-no.
I think that it doesn't suit the car as-is but you need some vision, the guy has got a load of work planned out and I think it will suit once done :thumbs:

·
Premium Member
19,119 Posts
I like the mirrors. Its different. No other 156 like it. Why not go a step futher on the GTA theme with full kit. These guys do a full GTA kit without the need of the flaired arches

AutoDS Team Poland

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
All comments welcome! I'm trying a few 'different' things, but the body is staying standard, no GTA kit!

Colour coded the bumper lumps yesterday, which I really like! :)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
19,119 Posts
Looks a bit like a phase two now the strips are hidden.

·
Registered
7,207 Posts
I ended up going the whole hog on my grill, although I did consider leaving the inner part chrome.
Yours look great, but with mine being black and having GTA lights and black mini grills, I think the chrome would have looked out of place.

·
Registered
3,801 Posts
Like the mirrors a lot..... which gives me another project to plan....

Not keen on the grill and bumpers. The grill is an intgral part of the 156. Definitely one of its strongest characteristics. I think your colouring it has lost the Alfa definition at the front. Hope the rest of the car works out.

A tree once jumped out in front of me. I tried to take her out, but as she had been there for 200 years.... she won!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts