Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
13,685 Posts
Looks mighty impressive does that :thumbs:
Must keep an eye out for it coming to fruition.

D

·
0 Posts
Looks great, i read the rest of the linked thread and after 8 washes the wax never faded.

·
Registered
37,878 Posts
Colour magic uses a similar principle and in my opinion is a really good polish/wax.

Just no one uses it because it isn't expensive or fashionable.

·
Registered
7,785 Posts
Sy you should contact them and recommend they repackage and add a zero to their asking price and say you'll have 10% of any increased profit as your fee.

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
I'm not sure that I fully understand how this type of product is supposed to work. Surely the modern paint system means that there is an outer clear 'shell' of laquer so the paint colour is below this surface. I guess it just gives the impression that the colour has been 'restored'.?

·
Registered
7,785 Posts
I have the best paint protection system you can get for a car on mine ......... Road dirt and i only remove this protection once a year for its MOT .

·
Registered
466 Posts
Colour Magic I imagine works like a filler product but with a dye too which would mask defects in the paint. I always thought it worked pretty well, especially if it was sealed with something on top like autoglym extra gloss protection

·
Registered
13,685 Posts
I have used a few of these colour polishes. I have for my sins a yellow car and do have a colour polish for it. I can't even remember the name. It's OK I guess.

The one featured here looks pretty good. Can't remember if they catered for yellow paint but I know Colour Magic don't.

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Apart from this being able to fill scratches and now wash off in like 2 weeks there is another side to it to add a tint to your car without being perminent. would be really good for shows and such. And i think he can basiclally do any colour you wanted. I am getting another mystery colour getting sent out so its going on the silver 147 to see how much of a tint goes onto the paintwork

·
Registered
13,685 Posts
Apart from this being able to fill scratches and now wash off in like 2 weeks there is another side to it to add a tint to your car without being perminent. would be really good for shows and such. And i think he can basiclally do any colour you wanted. I am getting another mystery colour getting sent out so its going on the silver 147 to see how much of a tint goes onto the paintwork
Sounds good :thumbs:. I can vouch that yellow is a hard colour to match. A semi permanent tint might help me :D!

·
Registered
14,898 Posts
Colour magic uses a similar principle and in my opinion is a really good polish/wax.

Just no one uses it because it isn't expensive or fashionable.
I agree.

Dark coloured cars that have seen a fair bit of action on the scratch and chip front can look bloody awaful if you go over them with traditional "white" polishes and waxes. It makes the wounds stick out like a sore thumb.

·
Registered
37,878 Posts
Just an update on this.

As the weather was nice I washed my Black Golf, applied Black colour magic and then went over it again with Collinite 446.

I haven't got any pictures as the light was fading but it looks stunning. :cool:

Colour magic is brilliant and underrated IMO. Poorboys Black hole is good as well. ;)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts