Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All from Australia

Long time lurker – first time poster

The name is Joseph156 and it happens I do own a 156 and have done so from new in 2000. It is a TS Selespeed (stop snickering, yes I am a Selespeed owner for the past 11 years). Anyway time has come to upgrade to a Giulietta. I am keen on a QV in Profondo Blu with a red leather interior. HOWEVER the issue I had was that that combination is not being offered in Australia, but after pleading with importer I can get a special order, just need to pay a chunky deposit and wait 6 months. Fancy that, you pay someone money and give what you want !!!!!

OK so far so good – now as this will be a “we” car as opposed to a “me” car I need to convince my Financial Controller that this will look fabulous. It should be OK given that she was instrumental in choosing our current 156 combo of Pegasus Blue and Red Leather. The slight issue is that neither Profondo Blu or the red leather interior are available for inspection here (we in Oz have a very limited choice in spec and colours, though the standard spec is quite generous) so it is difficult to make such an assessment. Have tried the configurator and it is OK, but really it is too inaccurate to make the sort of judgement we need to. Frankly the blue looks a bit DULL

I have searched this forum and there are some photos that sorta show the blue and quite a few that show the red interior BUT have not found any that show both in all its glory. So if anyone who has had the good taste to choose that classic combination could please post some good qauility photos of their car – it would be much appreciated

Oh another Q – which wheels would you suggest, the 18” turbines or the 18” 8C style 5 hole ?? with this blue ?? Again from the configurator it is difficult to assess

Cheers

Piccie of my Bella attached

Attachments

·
Registered
54 Posts
G'day Jo

the blue on the configurator looks nothing like the blue in real life - in the flesh it is quite dark, with hints of purple/black.

I am picking up my new blue veloce in about 4 hours so i will get some pics up for you as soon as i can - no leather though :-(

·
Registered
428 Posts
Hello down under !

I have a QV and its absolutely fantastic car. Mine is Metalic Red with 18 turbine wheels. IMO the turbine wheels look much nicer than the 8C wheels. They just look so much sportier. It was a choice I had to make when I got my G and I dont regret it. I then went for the Sunroof instead of spending it on wheels.

I have black leather interior ,,, no issues here but if you plan a different colour be warned that only the seats will be red leather whilst the leather on the doors and anything else will be BLACK !!!

I have seen a G like this and it does look very weird !

W

·
0 Posts
Hello down under !

IMO the turbine wheels look much nicer than the 8C wheels. They just look so much sportier. if you plan a different colour be warned that only the seats will be red leather whilst the leather on the doors and anything else will be BLACK !!!

I have seen a G like this and it does look very weird !
:lol: I like my 8C wheels because they easy to clean and are an Alfa thing

With regards to the interior, I like weird :p

My "weird red leather with black door cards" is okay although I do agree that they could have put some detailing like red stitching into the door card to "tie" in with the seats.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Hi Westyman ! dont get me wrong I wast saying they look ugly or anything like that, but I would have expected the sides to match the seats like the rest of Alfas are.

About cleaning the wheels, that is VERY true, it takes me ages to clean my turbine wheel !

W

·
0 Posts
Hi Westyman ! dont get me wrong I wast saying they look ugly or anything like that, but I would have expected the sides to match the seats like the rest of Alfas are.

About cleaning the wheels, that is VERY true, it takes me ages to clean my turbine wheel !
Hi Antonio, don't worry I didn't take it that way hence the smileys :)

Not sure whether full colour door cards matching the seat would work but a fillet of red/tan in the door card would make a big difference especially when the option for the leather costs £1650!

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanx all

Agree that the black door cards will look odd (no odder than the just ordered Abarth 5oo red interior). And if it is an issue then a good quality trimmer can see to it - I like the idea of the red stitching in fact, would have not thought of that - thanks. You have raised a thought - if you do order the leather are the door cards leather ??

Still no photo's ??

I noticed one member (but who is GUEST :confused:) called "Led Zeppelin" who has that combo, but I cannot PM him

Cheers All

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts