Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello, my 166 2,4jtd has a brown a colored interieur and im looking for a source for the brown loudspeaker cover material and the brown color code of the handles at the doors.
I have troubles with the shift lever, when the engine is hot it is very hard to shift the gears, looked at the reversing lever at the gearbox this seems ok.

Thanks for help!

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
Can't help with the colour codes I'm afraid, but if you are 100% sure the linkages are all free-moving and that all the joints are OK (no excessive play in them), then the next things to look at would be correct gearbox oil, correct operation of the clutch hydraulics (master & slave cylinders) and finally clutch itself.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Regarding shift lever,
I am amazed that it only happens when the engine is hot, are there known problems with the shift cables?

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
Cables are usually pretty good, as are the small balljoints on the ends of them. Given it only happens when hot, I'm leaning towards a clutch or clutch actuation problem myself. When hot, the oil is thinner and the gearbox will be more free to rotate, any clutch drag will be exaggerated by that. There might also be expansion adding to the problem.

Where does the clutch pedal 'bite'?? High or low?

·
Registered
Alfa 166 Ti, Giulietta Veloce
539 Posts
Re your speaker covers better just buying the complete cover. It must be the beige ones you have from your description and they are very cheap here:

Just remember they are handed for the left and right sides of the car.

Reactions: franz.pink.htl

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re your speaker covers better just buying the complete cover. It must be the beige ones you have from your description and they are very cheap here:

Tha

Thank you for the link to the parts!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi regarding clutch, my plan is to replace it this year, are there any experiences with refurbished
dual mass flywheels?

·
Registered
Alfa 166 Ti, Giulietta Veloce
539 Posts
Nope, I've always just bought a new DMF as the refurb cost was not that much less than the new part so not worth the risk of t he saving.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts