Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any top tips???

V excited - even tho its raining (think you were right Miss TCY!)

:D

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Did it all go without a hitch?

Hoping not to have the alarm issue!

Congrats on the new car - you have great taste!

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm moving tomorrow, so I won't get chance to play with her much either :(

·
Registered
309 Posts
This would be my advice (and it's served me well over the last couple of years)

• Allow yourself plenty of time
  • Keep cool and not swept away with the excitement
  • Put together a list of all the options you've ordered and check them off one by one
  • Gather a list of any known issues others have been faced with on collection (I'm new here and not sure many exist, but Forums are good for highlighting this sort of thing)
  • Don't feel at all awkward about checking EVERYTHING - it's your money after all
  • Ensure the paperwork / basics are in order - Sales Invoice / Service Manual / Warranty stamp / Road Fund Licence / PDI sheet / Two sets of keys / Jack etc
Ok, this may sound a little clinical and taking something away from the excitement, but trust me, there's plenty of time for that too! What it does do is get any issues properly logged with the Dealer before you leave, as it's all too easy for the "Well it was fine when it left here sir" ball-ache to start otherwise...

Good luck! :thumbs:
Thanks for those tips!!!
I just got pen n paper and wrote it all down!! haha
Soooo goood! Thanks alot!! :thumbs:

·
Registered
309 Posts
I think there is a thread before called summing 'Mito problems already' summing like that :S

U might wna go bk a few pages to have a look ^^
(im gna hve a look at those problems aswell once I finish my exam, so I'm fully aware of wt cud happen with my car when collecting it lol)

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
On this point, do we know of any problems people have had when collecting - such as something missing, scratches or piece of loose trim etc..? Humm, I feel a new thread coming on...
I doubt you're going to get bits of the interior falling off as every new car is checked twice before it gets to you anyway.

D

·
0 Posts
Weather's gorgeous in Bristol, :D

Enjoy your car, but as said make sure you aint getting stitched over, make sure you check all over for ANY damage, the PDI's often stick their big size 10's through the dash, :lol:

·
Registered
187 Posts
Weather's gorgeous in Bristol, :D

Enjoy your car, but as said make sure you aint getting stitched over, make sure you check all over for ANY damage, the PDI's often stick their big size 10's through the dash, :lol:
Happened to me, the car came from the initial PDI and looked like poo, as I understand this is normal but there was a deep scruffing of the glove box handle, spotted it and the dealer sorted it out in their PDI along with anything else they may have found, when I picked it up it was perfect :)

EDIT: The reason I got to look at the car as it arrived was because it was a cancellation, solid instead of etna black and veloce instead of lusso, plus it had the engine in that I was after, the 120HP petrol

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well I got her, I love her and it was nice and sunny ;)

Got a couple of grumbles tho, but am moving today so will tell all and post pics when I have more time.

Have a good weekend everyone and if you see a black mito up and down the East Lancs this weekend it's me!!!!

:D

1 - 20 of 20 Posts