Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am collecting the 2012 1.4 car on Friday, so I did it............... kind of. I really wanted a 135/140 however couldn't travel far with no transport so decided to dip my toe in with the 105. The only other two I could have looked at that were 140 were both really high mileage, one was around 85,000. The one I am getting has 32,000 miles. I am nervous as I know I will need to sort out the timing belt within 12 months but have found that a local garage are knowledgeable about alfa (my friend took her 147 there), so apart from that I hope to enjoy this little car.

If any one out there is considering a Mito, I'll try to come back in maybe 2-3 months with an update on how this used car is doing as a first time Mito owner. It was very clean inside and the body work looks good and it has service history, so it really is pot luck what happens next to be honest.

I test drove it twice within 3 weeks and asked to go on a faster road the last time and it was ok, no pocket rocket, but then again I tucked in at around 50/60 on the parkway lol, hopefully I will loosen up when I get to know the car. I hope the clutch is ok, and I think this is "pilot error" I find biting point difficult to get but again, hope this is just me not being used to it.

Hope I enjoy this car for a while at least and I went with my gut feeling on how it felt to drive plus my desire for this particular car. I didn't listen (perhaps for my sins) to nay sayers, but people on here and other owner reviews instead. I already had subliminal shots fired when I told a friend I'd signed and they said words to the effect, oh well since it's your first car not to get anything too nice and proceeded to tell me they were on line looking at Which Car review.................. I switched off after that, I've spent 2 months looking at journalist reviews vs owner reviews.................. you all know the rest.

For current owners, are you "aware" of the engine and is this normal lol, I am not sure how to describe it , it doesn't sound poorly, but it does make a noise when revving and I hope it's just the characteristic of this little engine:paranoid: I may take it to a garage just to let them have a listen, any comments would be appreciated though.

Anyway, that's it, I'll put a pic in my profile when I get it.

·
Registered
648 Posts
look at the mito owner reviews on autotrader 4.6 stars that says it all to me, i would never listen to a journalist.... to them everyone should be driving german cars.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
look at the mito owner reviews on autotrader 4.6 stars that says it all to me, i would never listen to a journalist.... to them everyone should be driving german cars.
Yes, I did, and many other owner reviews under scathing journalist reviews, which again gave me more confidence. People really don't like Alfa do they:irked:

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
I think that Alfa Romeos like all minorities scare people with German cars because of their style, fun and Italian flair, I've owned my Mito for over six years now and its one of the best cars I have owned :happy:

·
Registered
4,932 Posts
I am not sure I understand your question??

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am not sure I understand your question??
Question was probably to calm my nerves. I was sure that the engine noise was "off" but having had the car a few days, I think it's ok. I am over revving as I still havn't found a good driving position so my right foot is not in tandem yet:paranoid:. Sure I'll get there. I am sure a more experienced driver would't buckaroo as much as I am at the moment, but its all good fun. I know I made the right choice for me:yes:

·
Registered
648 Posts
After picking up my new mito today im loving it, I know what you mean about seating position. Only thing for me is the steering wheel adjustment..... i wish it could go a little lower, just means i need to lift the seat a little more. Very minor annoyance, one thing i dont get though is how people say the suspension is too hard???? The mito rides like a bentley compared to my previous type s civic

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
After picking up my new mito today im loving it, I know what you mean about seating position. Only thing for me is the steering wheel adjustment..... i wish it could go a little lower, just means i need to lift the seat a little more. Very minor annoyance, one thing i dont get though is how people say the suspension is too hard???? The mito rides like a bentley compared to my previous type s civic
Glad you are enjoying the car. I think that mine is a bit bumpy suspension wise, but not bothering me in the slightest, car goes well when roads are up to standard (which is not much), but I enjoy it still.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Drove my Mito to Monaco last year and it felt like a different car on the French Autoroutes, ride was relaxed and comfortable at 80mph all day, roads were billiard table smooth, when I got back to Britain and driving on the M20 the car felt like a space shuttle shaking and rattling on re-entry! British roads are to blame, only plus point is that after driving on the Autoroutes for a week the cost was almost as much as a whole years car tax in the UK :eek:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts