Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
That's the second set of pictures for an Alfa Red MiTo in the last 2 days and they both look fantastic, I'm really developing an Alfa Red complex, absolutely gorgeous natsack,

congrats,
J.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks everyone.... I cant keep the grin off my face :D.

Its certainly very different to my Ford Ka, which, although it never let me down, just doesnt even come anywhere near close to driving the Mito. Its like having a proper car!!

Really pleased I spent the little extra over getting a Fiesta or a Punto :rolleyes:.

Contrary to some on here I think the Blue & Me seems pretty easy to use, although its a novelty that might wear off!

Also want to comment that the service at Autoworld in Chesterfield was pretty good, as I think they get some mixed reviews on here. Quoted 12 weeks and it arrived in 10 so I cant really complain.

:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

·
Registered
6,715 Posts
Thanks everyone.... I cant keep the grin off my face :D.

Its certainly very different to my Ford Ka, which, although it never let me down, just doesnt even come anywhere near close to driving the Mito. Its like having a proper car!!

Really pleased I spent the little extra over getting a Fiesta or a Punto :rolleyes:.

Contrary to some on here I think the Blue & Me seems pretty easy to use, although its a novelty that might wear off!

Also want to comment that the service at Autoworld in Chesterfield was pretty good, as I think they get some mixed reviews on here. Quoted 12 weeks and it arrived in 10 so I cant really complain.

:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:
yeaaa :thumbs: chesterfield. enjoy your car. it looks goood :D

·
Registered
71 Posts
CONGRATS - Looks fabulous!!!:thumbs:
The Alfa Red looks darker than in other pictures - how is it in real?
And what seats did you order?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well the 156 is also Alfa Red, but there is quite a difference (as you can see!)...according to the dealer, they changed the mix a couple of years ago because they were having problems with the paint fading in the sun, and the plastic bumpers fading a different colour to the body. So they improved it, and now you have to pay for it whereas it used to be a free option. Looks very good in the flesh though, but definitely darker than the old Alfa Red!

As for the seats, I just have the Veloce sports seats, black on black. The only extra I paid for was the paint!

·
Registered
2,007 Posts
Well the 156 is also Alfa Red, but there is quite a difference (as you can see!)...according to the dealer, they changed the mix a couple of years ago because they were having problems with the paint fading in the sun, and the plastic bumpers fading a different colour to the body. So they improved it, and now you have to pay for it whereas it used to be a free option. Looks very good in the flesh though, but definitely darker than the old Alfa Red! The only extra I paid for was the paint!
Yes, that and the fact that about 70% of people ordered red so Alfa thought 'better cash in '....or am I being a cynic again?
Car looks great in that colour actually,its a really nice red.

·
Registered
165 Posts
I went out and spent a fortune on car cleaning products this morning, and a new hosepipe so the Mito can be kept in tip top condition...thought 'I'd better have a go on the 156 so it actually looks half decent', got world's most complicated hosepipe together and....the heavens opened. Thunder, lightning, massive hailstones, the lot!

So I'm hoping tomorrow is a nicer day so I can practise on the 156 before cleaning the Mito on Saturday morning, ready for the South Yorks meet! :)

·
Registered
165 Posts
did the 156 have a facelift at some point then?

..cos that looks like a 159 :s

sorry i'm new to Alfa :D

-pup-
Yeah, exterior facelift in 2004 I believe...interior was spruced up in 2002 I think, then they went the whole hog a couple of years later!

New bonnet, grille, headlights, front and rear bumper...makes it look meaner!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts