Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just come back from Chris Variava's in Nottingham in my new (used) GQV!!! haven't stopped smiling yet! sad to see my GT go but its going to be while before stop looking at the new one

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Excellent - how was the whole buying experience? I'm going over there myself next Wednesday to view a GQV to replace the Brera!
fantastic, I bought my gt from there just over three years ago from rich (salesman), I felt I got a great deal then and that's why I went back when I fancied a new toy. I spoke with him today about people on the forum and seeing a few positive comments left by members who have been there, I mentioned that we said about the 2 red gqv's and you were looking at the one with the sunroof he laughed and said yeah he coming down next week. from my experience I can confirm he will do his best to look after you and make sure it all goes smoothly. good luck if you do go ahead and you won't be disappointed if you make the decision to buy, ive just got back in at 11.30pm after going for drive after work and I finished at 5.30pm.

best decision ive made in ages!

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
fantastic, I bought my gt from there just over three years ago from rich (salesman), I felt I got a great deal then and that's why I went back when I fancied a new toy. I spoke with him today about people on the forum and seeing a few positive comments left by members who have been there, I mentioned that we said about the 2 red gqv's and you were looking at the one with the sunroof he laughed and said yeah he coming down next week. from my experience I can confirm he will do his best to look after you and make sure it all goes smoothly. good luck if you do go ahead and you won't be disappointed if you make the decision to buy, ive just got back in at 11.30pm after going for drive after work and I finished at 5.30pm.

best decision ive made in ages!
Haha, yes Rich and I had a decent telephone conversation the other day - seems a genuine bloke and knowledgable too! Just hope the deal is right!

Glad you're pleased with your QV - if all things go well I could be joining you soon! :thumbs:

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
You won't regret I swapped my Brera 4 weeks ago for my GQV bellissimo fantastico :thumbs: :thumbs:
Funnily enough I moved from a Brera (diesel) to the GQV. Love them both, but the GQV is the slightly more practical car. And I like the way it's a "wolf in sheep's clothing" and unless someone knows the marque, then they have absolutely no idea how darn fast it is! :lol:

·
Registered
6,834 Posts
Great choice of car :thumbs: ive had mine about a month now :D

im not sure what it is but with this car i have had quite a few people letting me know they don't like it for whatever reason (not an alfa, front looks crap, back looks fat etc :rolleyes:) not that im bothered by their opinion because i love it and they are the 1's missing out :D

·
Registered
13,815 Posts
Welcome welcome, enjoy and be warned, they take well to modding and they come with a complimentary modding virus

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I think I'm going to leave it pretty much std spec but definitely going to a exhaust centre and have the tip replaced with bigger ones and maybe a remap later on. Just love it how it is!

·
Registered
6,834 Posts
They are great as standard, mine didn't stay like that for very long though. within a couple of weeks of owning it i had the exhaust done and remap, its now 301 bhp and is great fun :D

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
They are great as standard, mine didn't stay like that for very long though. within a couple of weeks of owning it i had the exhaust done and remap, its now 301 bhp and is great fun :D
Ive seen a few threads about your wonderful beast!! looks impressive, but where will it stop?:lol:

·
Registered
Mito QV, Anthracite, 2015
7,569 Posts
It's just about a year since I had my GQV from Rich. Only issue I have is the poor radionav satellite reception - still waiting for a fix. Otherwise been a great car. (Still love my V6 though ;) )

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.