Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Very recently i decided to try a new courier service "Collect +" or "Collect Plus" The service sounds wonderful leave at a "Local Shop" (Collect+ Agent) at your convenience and have it delivered to your customer at his/her "local shop" or home address if you choose the £5 option.

"7 days a week" they claim.:rolleyes: "guaranteed delivery in 3-5 days":rolleyes: "Full Tracking Service":rolleyes: "Ebay Protection":rolleyes:

Don't believe any of it:tut:

Mark Lewis is the MD his email address is [email protected] ;)

I gave him an earful and after 10 days as he told me they only operate the 5 day working week. At this point i asked him why his website implied they operated 7 days a week? i did not get a response.:tut: Anyways, their tracking system suks as do their Customer Service Reps as does their service.:rant:

If ever a demonstration of execution not coming close to theory then Collect+ is it.:thumbs:

I feel better now, thanks for listening and avoid like the plague, just google them.

·
Registered
9,496 Posts
Conversely I've used them several times and on at least one occasion the item was delivered next day - to an AO member - despite the advertised 3-5 days........I guess the 7-day service can be argues as being the availability to drop off your parcel any day of the week (at my local shop, anyway ;) None of the other couriers do collection other than Mon-Fri except at extra cost.

I agree that the tracking service went awol the other week but I emailed customer service and they replied promptly with an up-to-date (and within spec) delivery time.....

At the moment they seem to be the cheapest courier around......and in fact use HDNL as their carriers.......I have been using DHL through parcel-to-go.com, but Yodel have "taken over" or whatever DHL and the reliability of collection went right off - had a 50% collection failure rate, so threw my dummy out of the pram...still need to use them for heavier items, though....

Sorry to gainsay your rant, ER - but I think it might be a little unkind to condemn an entire service based on one issue.......bit like people saying Alfas always break down.......:lol:

·
Registered
38,288 Posts
I had an item sent to me by collect plus.

It took 12 days for them to even collect it from the drop off point, and even then it was only because the seller was pestering them.

I won't be using them.

Parcelmonkey have always served me well, and are much cheaper than the Royal mail once you go over around 1.5Kg

·
Registered
17,564 Posts
The collect + 'local shop' to take the parcel to was in a rough area out of town no where near here!

·
Registered
9,496 Posts
The collect + 'local shop' to take the parcel to was in a rough area out of town no where near here!
Mine's about 30 yds from my front door......;) So I drop it off at the shop about 5 minutes after booking it, and its collected either same day, or the next day if the collection has already been. There's a "corpy" estate near us, tho, and Collect+ started out to handle catalogue return collections, so that might explain the regular service....:lol:

·
Registered
298 Posts
I use Collect+ when I buy online, as I'm never at home and I travel for work. They drop your parcel to a local shop and text you when it's there.

The only time (of about 6 times) it's taken longer than the stated time was when the shop was out of stock, and I can hardly blame Collect+ for that!

Also if you need to return something, you can take it to your local shop rather than traipsing to your local Post Office which won't be there any more because either Da Guvanment Woz Ere, or the owners have been shot :tut:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts