Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
3,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Tried a product called Colinite 476s today which is meant to be the best Wax / sealant on the market for non silly money.

Only managed the front half of the car before the rain set in but the finish is pretty tidy and far better than the finish the car came from the dealers with.

·
Premium Member
649 Posts
Colinite 476 is very very good.
Only problem with Colinite is don't leave it too long before buffing as it becomes very hard work so my other half tells me.

·
Registered
3,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Colinite 476 is very very good.
Only problem with Colinite is don't leave it too long before buffing as it becomes very hard work so my other half tells me.
Very true - goes on like shoe polish nice and greasy but sets quickly so needs a fair bit of effort to get off.....best to do one panel at a time.

They claim it last for 12months :wow:...believe it in 12months :thumbs:

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
Ooooof! That is amazing mate! Youve obviously got a good eye for a photo aswell! Could you tell me what your regime is before the 476? Lovely car:) You just cant beat black for me. Ive heard alot of people talk about Collinite and as you say its cheap. It was 915 i heard mentioned mainly.
Lovely car aswell:)
Oh and since it rained have you got any beading pics? Ive seen a few from Col and they were amazing!

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
lovely car . Great choice in wax I used this product in october last year on my sisters car that doesent get much attention! its still beading nicely when washed. best wax for winter protetion :thumbs:

·
Registered
3,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
For those sad like me and wanting to know the method :-

Hose Spray off most of dust / grit
Spray with diluted Turtle wax shampoo and water (roughly 8:1)
Two bucket method wash with Turtle wax shampoo - microfibre washmits, one upper body, one lower & wheels
Dried with microfibre drying towels
Waxed with Meguirs NXT wax
Waxed & Sealed with Colinite 476s

Photographed with Nikon D90 :)

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
For those sad like me and wanting to know the method :-

Hose Spray off most of dust / grit
Spray with diluted Turtle wax shampoo and water (roughly 8:1)
Two bucket method wash with Turtle wax shampoo - microfibre washmits, one upper body, one lower & wheels
Dried with microfibre drying towels
Waxed with Meguirs NXT wax
Waxed & Sealed with Colinite 476s

Photographed with Nikon D90 :)
Great thanks! Can i ask has the car got any swirls? Mine looks awesome in photos but i know it has swirls all over and the bonnet has some dreadfull light scratches mostly caused by me!:cry: Wish i hadve known about detailing etc when i bought it:eek:
It just goes to show that a good camera makes all the difference. I just use my Nokia N96 at the moment but will be buying a camera in the next 2 months. Me and my wife loved the Panasonic Lumix G1 on the advert but its £500 and we cant warrant the outlay or justify getting an SLR (i know its a Bridge type camera) for the amount of time we'll use it. I'd love one though in the future but i think its gonna be either the Lumix TZ7 or Canon SX 200 IS which are both compacts. A compact will suit our needs at this time. CAnt wait though if i can get anywhere near the photos youve produced! Again lovely work with both the car and camera!:thumbs:
PS, which 476s do you have as theres 2 on this site.
http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/wax/cat_4.html
Thanks Phil

·
Registered
15,174 Posts
Wow, puts my TI to shame in the shiney stakes :cool::thumbs:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts