Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

It has reached -10C here in 'sunny' France and my 159 TI diesel (210) is being a pain to start in the mornings.
In always 'double pre-heat' when its subzero weather but this has become insufficent to start her in this cold.
She will turn over and fire as normal from a short starter press , rev to tickover for a second and then stall. If i hold the starter in then, she will turn , fire , stall repeat several times and eventually start. The problem with this is that she will then show a 'check engine' error and light for several hours but, it does (or has so far) clear.

Is this the correct way to start her , is the error expected for differcult startups and finally is such problematic starting normal for such weather ( and i guess is there anything i can do to ease the problem) ?

Many Thanks

Timbo

·
Registered
136 Posts
Hi, I rekon you suffer from no anti-freeze in the fuel.
Go to buy anti-freeze additive for Diesel, put it in the tank, put 5-10L of Diesel in your tank to ensure good mixture of the anti-freeze then drive 10-20 km to ensure that you have anti freeze in the lines, filter, pump and rail, and your problems will disappear. 90% sure.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts