Alfa Romeo Forum banner

Cold running problem

G
557 4
16 V runns like a pig when its cold , lumpy/ holding back , that sorta thing... dont think its the Lambda probe as that was changed recently, but i remmber someone mentioning the engine temp sensor, anyone no what the part number is ???
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Alright Andy,

Yeah it sounds like the temp sender to me. Just have a goosie and make sure you change the right one. There's useually two - one for the instruments, one for the management. I had the same problem (only much worse) after I rebuilt the head on a mates Pug 205GTi. It took me weeks to find the problem, a dodgy connection in the temp sender connector.

I'll look the no. up tonight if no-one's beaten me to it. Its the 1.8 yeah?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Water temp sensor is on the thermostat but perhaps its also the thermostat?

Go for the sensor first, its cheaper.....get an origonal Alfa part though, mine was about £20 for the V6.

wrinx

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the info, car warms up ok, its just the ECU doesent seem to know how to fuel the car when its cold. Ill try the sensor first...

Should of had a picture of those 3 155's last night chris, that was practically an owners club meeting !!!, shame 2 of um were mine like !

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.