Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
5,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Walked through the door last night and picked up the phone as it was ringing, guy on other end asked for wife by name so I called her and she took over.
Within 30 secs she handed the phone over to me and asked for me to deal with it, she said they were from sort of Accident Claim group.

I HUNG UP.

The *******s knew she had been in an at fault accident and were asking for the details of the 3rd party! If the ****ers knew how stressed and anxious my wife had been over the accident, would they have called, of course they ****ing would have, scum sucking *******s.

She then spent the rest of the evening trying to find out if it meant she was going to get sued again from the people in the accident ( this is after I had tried to calm her down with no effect) also how they had got her details.

Those ****ers have no idea the misery they inflict on others all for the referral fee they hope to get. Andrew, as was his name, if I ever meet you in real life, be prepared to be ripped a new ********. ****

·
Registered
4,191 Posts
I fully understand your anger, but (controversy time) you should spend a day doing their job...

The person who is the real scumbag is the marketing department, not the caller. I worked for a company offering credit cards on a cold call basis - it is a cold hard business, team leaders forcing you to impossible targets, normally temp staff (didn't make target this week? Don't come in next week) constant monitoring and recording, and the expectation that you should not consider the person on the phone at all, just get the sale.

I'd go home hating myself every day, knowing what I was doing, but it was what I had to do to survive at the time. The only tiny crumb of comfort was if I didn't do it, someone even more pushy would.

I quit after the most distressing six months of my working life, and thankfully the place I worked was at the extreme end of the spectrum.

·
Premium Member
19,119 Posts
Unfortunately the prey on everyone. They'll ring you even if you've done an online quote and ticked never had an accident. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
11,604 Posts
I leave cold callers with no doubt regarding my feelings towards them and their methods...

·
Registered
448 Posts
I ask for their personal phone number, so I can call them at home at an inconvenient time.

Well, they do it to me!

J

·
0 Posts
Tell them you are.members of TPS - telephone preference service .. they won't call again .. :)

But before doing so .. ask for there name and contact number .. :)

I doubt you'll be getting any more calls .. :D

·
Premium Member
19,119 Posts
Simple rule. Pick the phone up. make sure they are there. Leave the phone off the hook and waste their time :thumbs:

·
Registered
26,529 Posts
I like to ask them to hold for a moment, then check on them occasionaly to see if they are still on the line, with lines like "they'll just be another minute" and "are you still o.k. to hold ? (without giving them time to answer back)". 27mins is my record so far. :lol:

·
Registered
11,604 Posts
Just had a third call from the same PPI company this week, I used a swear word :eek:

·
Registered
6,719 Posts
Tell them you are.members of TPS - telephone preference service .. they won't call again .. :)
Not necessarily! I had problems with double glazing company; I reported them to TPS who contacted them about my complaint, despite which they called me again. The case was escalated to the Information Commissioner's Office - they haven't called again.

If you get cold calls despite being TPS registered it's essential that you lodge a complaint.

But before doing so .. ask for there name and contact number .. :)
Get as much information as you can - the TPS can only act if the company & phone number it uses can be identified. I've had a couple of calls recently from somebody claiming to be from the "Insulation Advisory Service" or something similar; a web search doesn't come up with anything resembling that name & when I've asked for a phone number I've been given an obviously fictitious number.

·
Registered
11,604 Posts
The call I referred to above, I mentioned TPS to the guy and he replied that they weren't governed by them, but the ministry of justice :nutter: :lol:

·
Registered
5,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
We are getting ones from a number from Bicester area about "Unsecured Credit". They are the most obnoxious bunch of ***** I have had the misfortune to talk to on the phone. Luckily we haven't been bothered at silly times of the night but their auto dialler is a right **** of a thing, just saying "Goodbye" if you are fortunate/unfortunate not to recognise the numebr and ignore it!
They laugh at you when you ask the basic questions needed , in order to make a complaint, and are basically rude as ****.

·
Premium Member
19,119 Posts
Some bloke just rang me asking me about my home insurance. I asked him where the hell he got the number. After a couple of round the houses answers he said it just came up on his screen. "fair enough says me, shall we call it quits then ?" "Fair enough he says" and hangs up :rolleyes:

·
Registered
11,604 Posts
The same company phoned me again today, I phoned back and shouted :mad: - apparently my number has now been removed from their database, as it should have been the first time I 'politely' requested it :rolleyes:

·
Registered
624 Posts
Not pc I know, I pretend to be Asian and renting my house when these f******s call it works a treat

·
Registered
10,019 Posts
I like to ask them to hold for a moment, then check on them occasionaly to see if they are still on the line, with lines like "they'll just be another minute" and "are you still o.k. to hold ? (without giving them time to answer back)". 27mins is my record so far. :lol:
That's my kinda response :thumbs:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts