Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Evening,

I'm now the proud owner of a 2011 Giulietta 2.0 jtdm-2 140 veloce which I picked up yesterday. Very happy with it so far but still trying to find my way around the controls etc.

I've gone about 60 miles so far and have notice that no matter what I do with the climate control there is always cold air blowing from behind the steering wheel directly onto my knees, if I put my hand on the wheel adjuster I can feel it coming out. I'm guessing this shouldn't be happening when the heater is on but no matter what buttons I press I can't get it to stop. Anyone know if I'm missing something or what the problem might be?

Any help gratefully received.

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
You get exactly that effect if one of the vent hoses becomes disconnected.

I had the problem after my dash was removed and refitted but the dealer soon sorted it so guess it's an easy job.

·
Registered
231 Posts
What Argo is saying is more likely, but just a shot in the dark here.
I thought i had a similar problem, turned out to be a mixture of something wrong with insulation in the scuttle / around the windscreen & just the fact the cold air lingered in certain places. waking the heating of full blast for a minute or two seemed to solve this but the fix the dealer did made a world of difference.

·
Registered
431 Posts
I'd also have a look at the boot/gasket around the steering column and see if it is correctly installed.
Edit: I just read that it is a 2011 car so it unlikely, but worth a quick look anyway, as this will direct outside air up this way.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys, sounds like Argo might be right as it only happens when the fans are on. A bit more poking around is needed I think. Is it easy to get to the hoses are am i beeter taking it to Alfa to look at do you think?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts