Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello

I recently discovered a small coolant leak from an all metal pipe that goes from the cooling system to the engine, nearby the oil filter. Acording to my readings on the site, this might be an oil cooling pipe or the coolant transfer pipe. Not sure.
My mechanic already unninnstalled the pipe, soldered a small hole in it and reinstalled, but the thing is still leaking ( a drop every minute or so). The leak is now from the other extreme of the pipe, at the junction with the hose, at the uppermost extreme.

The problem is that here in venezuela that pipe is not available anymore.
This leak makes me refill the coolant deposit every two weeks or so. The car works perfectly, no overheating at all

I am thinking on leaving it like that and refill

Would this be advisable or shuold I get a spare pipe and fix the problem?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
Yes, get a new part. The metal pipes there are feed and return pipes for the heat exchanger which the oil filter mounts to. It regulates engine oil temperature.

CF2 & CF3 engines have different oil coolers and also the pipes. It would be a good idea to also fit new rubber hoses. I'm sure the rubber hoses have an inside diameter of 14/15mm. I fitted generic ones to the TS a few months ago.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Always good to get new parts.

Probably no real harm in continuing to use car as is (topping up fluids), but try to keep use to a minimum until your part arrives or you can afford to buy the new part.

You should be able to buy something online and have it sent to your location. But check with the seller first.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts