Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi since buying my 03 Reg 147 TS Lusso it has had Motor Control System Failure problems diplayed on the ECU. There is no accompanying loss of power and but for the annoying beep and flashing I would ignore it.

But I took it to my dealer to get it checked - they said it needed a new set of coils and spark plugs because the current ones (although new) weren't alfa ones and estimted £750! They also said this wouln't necessarily fix the problem, just elp diagnose it.

3 Questions:

How easy is it to do these coil/s plug changes myself?
Without apparent power problems should I just ignore it?
Would it be possible to disconnect the sensor setting off the beeping?

..or any other sugestions!

Thanks

M

·
0 Posts
i reckon they are taking the p155....if your motor control warning light is coming on and there is no loss of performance etc..it sounds like an "italian electrical gremlin" is messing you about...how many miles has she covered, the plugs are due to be changed at the 60k mark and circa 80 pounds ...my advice would be to take it for a second opinion and preferably not a DEALER !!

all the best

:)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Mike. Its done about 60,000 but I think they've been changed already as their main gripe was the fact that they weren't genuine alfa parts. If the ECU is just having a fit because they're not alfa parts I'm tempted to try and turn the sensor off!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts