Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I saw this on ebay Weitec suspension and thought I'd bid. I am bidder 2 but although this is advertised as no reserve, I have a suspicion that the reserve is set about £450. This was on about 3 weeks ago, and the buy it now price was £500. I just thought maybe it was worth a go, and if I get it, I'll be happy to let someone have the discs and pads very cheaply.

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just a thought, this item is listed without reserve, but I've bid on it and not reached the reserve.:confused: Is this misleading/misrepresenting or should I just accept this and perhaps not win the item even if I am the highest bidder. I've not seen this type of thing before, and although I think it is possibly a bit unfair, I don't want to go in all guns blazing.:rolleyes: Any suggestions?

·
Vendor
47,143 Posts
Just a thought, this item is listed without reserve, but I've bid on it and not reached the reserve.:confused: Is this misleading/misrepresenting or should I just accept this and perhaps not win the item even if I am the highest bidder. I've not seen this type of thing before, and although I think it is possibly a bit unfair, I don't want to go in all guns blazing.:rolleyes: Any suggestions?
There is a reserve on the item, it just says 'no reserve' in the heading..

I have emailed the seller for clarification.

·
Registered
275 Posts
I know the guy whose selling these as I've had a few bits and bobs from him. He is the guy who originally listed the 156 with Brera front end (unfinished project). He couldn't shift it and is now stripping the car trying to get his money back. IMHO he is looking for too much money for most of it, and it is worth doing what I did and make him an offer and wait. Once he can't shift it he'll get back to you. He originally wanted £300 for the grey leather interior, he got back to me a while later and was prepared to accept £200 but I'd already sourced another.

Its all pretty mint stuff tho. The car used for the project had only done 29k miles and the suspension and various other bits have been fitted new, but the car never made it onto the road.

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'll sit tight then. I'm not out to gain from someone else's misfortune, but I would like to try to get it for a fair price.:rolleyes:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts