Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
I have FK coilovers on the front of my Spider and the don't sit right against the top mounts as cleanly at normal springs would. Is there an adapter plate I can use?

·
Registered
638 Posts
There should be conical top cap on the spring that then sits against the top mount.

Is that present?

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That top cap butts up against the rubber and not the metal spring seat. Is there an adapter made for this?

·
Registered
638 Posts
I cant for the life of me remember what the top cap arrangement was on the FK's and that car is no longer in my possession. The FK's really are a poor product, Im not convinced they were ever tested on the car.

The Intrax I have now have a top cap with a rubber lining spring side and a hard plastic hockey puck looking thing on top of that, between it and the top mount.

·
Registered
638 Posts
My top mounts are shot, So my currnet coil-overs are removed.

Ive attached a photo so you can get an idea of the setup.

When the spring is compressed the washer on the top of the suspension shaft sits on the center of the top mount bearing, the large metal top caps with the rubber insert seat the springs inside the OEM top mount. These also have rubber lined spring locators to keep them set central to the top cap and top mount.

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts