Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I posted here a few weeks about some codes I had showing.
As it happens they were 1177 and 1178 (misreported by me at the time).

From researches on alfa 156 forum here I discovered they were long term fuel trim alarms most likely relating to the maf.

I bought a Chinese code reader on ebay no: 220044311051, described as

GS300 CAN OBD2 EOBD HONDA GM ALFA Trouble Code Reader at a huge price of £21.99.

Eventually I got around to buying a new genuine MAF from Alternative Autos and the problem has been solved.

best regards,

Richard

·
Registered
6,300 Posts
oooer that's cheap! Think i'll drop him an email this afternoon....save me having to reset the codes every other day :D

·
Registered
6,300 Posts
£88 delivered which must be a bargain....hopefully get that tommorow :)

I better go and reset my light again....:p

·
Registered
6,300 Posts
he is actually - even remebered me from my last order and still had all my details....quite rare to these days to be able to deal with a real person when mail ordering :D

·
Registered
9 Posts
Thanks for the info on the code reader I have just invested in the GS400 version from the same supplier - i will let you know how i get on

W

·
0 Posts
I bought one of those too...but from comments here I'm not sure they work on a JTD :eek:lleyes:

wrinx

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
Runcoach said:
Thanks for the info on the code reader I have just invested in the GS400 version from the same supplier - i will let you know how i get on

Please do, I would like to get one, but spending £45 needs a recommendation.

I am toying with getting a PC connection for the OBD, but this seems so much simpler.

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
wrinx said:
I bought one of those too...but from comments here I'm not sure they work on a JTD :eek:lleyes:

wrinx
If not, I might arrange to pop-in ;) ;) ;)

·
Registered
6,300 Posts
think the OBD-II readers will only work on post 2001/2002 cars IIRC....alfa diag is the best bet for these. I've got an alfadiag interface if anybody wants to make me an offer....no good to me now. I wonder if i can sell my alfadiag license as well? Probably not....

·
Registered
9 Posts
I think it will be a few days before it gets to me from Hong Kong.

I am running the Car up to Jamie Porter at Royston tomorrow because of excessive oil usage whuich has culminated in an EOBD system failure light and rough running since 23rd December. Jamie is great to look at the car so quickly because it was his first day back from Hols today. Great Service and attitude as always - A 5 star guy if ever there was one.

I am sure i will need to use the reader at some point. If anyone is in South Essex and needs to plug in to recover and reset the fault codes, let me know and pop over by arrangement. I will be pleased to let them plug in and run the diags. I will advise when the equipment is available.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Am fitting my new maf tomorrow, does this mean I'll have to reset the codes for it to have the desired effect?

·
Registered
6,300 Posts
you probably won't have fault codes logged since it's a '99 car....only need to reset if the light is on. You'll also need alfadiag or similar to read and clear the fault codes. With the 2001 and later cars (OBDII) the engine light comes on pretty easily and you need to clear the errors to get it to go off....

1 - 17 of 17 Posts