Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys, New to the site and still finding my way around. Maybe this has been answered before, but I just bought a Autel Maxiscan M409 scanner to try and read an injector light fault and when I plug it in it fails to connect. I thought that as the scanner was EOBD compatible that it would work. Please someone tell me that I haven't just wasted $130 on something that won't work on my 2000 2.0 TS Selespeed!:confused:

·
Registered
9,179 Posts
2000 TS Selespeed is not EOBD or OBD-II compatible ... you need a VAG-COM KKL 409.1 interface, AlfaDiag or Unidiag and a laptop.

·
Registered
766 Posts
Hi Guys, New to the site and still finding my way around. Maybe this has been answered before, but I just bought a Autel Maxiscan M409 scanner to try and read an injector light fault and when I plug it in it fails to connect. I thought that as the scanner was EOBD compatible that it would work. Please someone tell me that I haven't just wasted $130 on something that won't work on my 2000 2.0 TS Selespeed!:confused:
Sorry to tell you, but you should of bought the MS509 unit, far more substantial, especially for a Selespeed, which I have used on a work mates 2002 Selespeed.

·
Registered
766 Posts
Note yours is a 2000 Selespeed. Connector will be a 16 Pin OBD 2 or OBD. Does the MS409 have the post 1996 software??

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Guys, will be putting the MaxiSacn back on ebay. I have found a quite cheap KKL Cabel on ebay but it makes no mention of Alfadiag compatabititly.....However it does mention VW/Audi and Skoda. Will this work? It is called "KKL VAG-com VW/AUDI OBD-2 Cable" and says supports 409.1.
Cheers:)

·
Registered
4,646 Posts
just coz the 509 will work with a 2002 selespeed [ JTS/EOBD compatible ] doesnt mean it'll work with a 2000 selespeed TS engine, non-eobd compatible

for selespeed you are best to buy the kll interface & software from AlfaDiag Alfa Romeo Diagnostic Software

1 - 6 of 6 Posts