Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have done a search but I'm chasing my tail (!).
Can anyone recommend a fault code reader for my 2000 2.0ltr TS.
I have seen those on Ebay but they are a bit vague as to whether they are what I need.
Cheers for any help.

·
Registered
42,287 Posts
Auterra have a good website with loads of QandA listed. Think there is also a bit of a radio commentary on the subject. I bought the Auterra Dyno-Scan for Windows CAN A-302. which I find is quite comprehensive. Not sure if you need the Diag stuff referred to by some of the guys on AO. Know I need the Examiner for some of the specifics on my 2.0 TS. The Auterra also works as a Dynomometer,
although I have yet to try this function.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just need something that can read the faults. I'd like to know why the ECU warning light has come on and why the car refuses to idle nicely!!

·
Registered
9,298 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,991 Posts
Read the bits about code readers and the gs200 on ebay , can `t see mention of Alfa only vw/audi ,do they have the same system and what do I need to look at for a 164 as well (1995 24v) as 156 1999 and audi yreg 1.9tdi, I know thats a tall order but then nothing is easy for me, can get by without audi but I know the 164 has a very small plug compared to 156. Perhaps I should email seller but there systems are all American based aren`t they?

If you read this thread which I started -------- at the moment 3 pages away it will give you an idea,just bought a code reader myself as you see near end of thread and does not or is not compatible
Cheers Pat

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
How do I tell the age of my Alfa? It was reg'd in October 2000 but that doesn't mean much as it could have been sat for years in storage!!
I've had a look at the links but I still need to know haw old the car is.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I did read your thread Pat and thats when things started to go squirrely for me! I was just going to buy from the 'Bay until I read that!!

·
Registered
30,162 Posts
Owelly said:
How do I tell the age of my Alfa? It was reg'd in October 2000 but that doesn't mean much as it could have been sat for years in storage!!
I've had a look at the links but I still need to know haw old the car is.
Is the engine warning like shaped like an injector or shaped like an engine.

If it is shaped like an injector you can use Alfadiag and the hardware from Ecufix.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It's shaped like an injector. I wondered what the 'boot open light' was on for, until I read the manual and discovered it was the 'Selespeed fault' light!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts